Workplace Assistant/Guest Services/Concierge
Monday to Friday, approx.. 39.2 hours per week
£10.90 per hour
Reports to: Workplace Manager
Main Purpose of Job:
To provide a great customer experience for all staff. Visitors that attend site. Maintain exemplary workplace standards within the specified Direct Line Property. Reporting to the Workplace Manager. Responsibilities include the Security, Safety and Customer Experience provided on a daily basis, with a "OneTeam" approach.
Main Working Relationships:
Workplace Manager, Workplace colleagues Regional Operations Manager, Account Director, Property Managers, Regional Engineering Supervisors, Helpdesk, Concierge, Cleaners, Direct line Group stakeholders and customers both within and outside the site
Purpose of Job
Responsible for the Front Desk operation including customer experience, problem solving, security, maintenance logging, cleanliness, porterage, meeting room setups/catering, basic IT problems and customer service delivery in all areas of the property. The job holder will be passionate about providing excellent customer service, with a "One Team" attitude and is focused on adding value to our customer experience. The role will involve extensive customer interactions working to continually evolve and improve our service in line with/and exceeding our customers' expectations. Hospitality is key.
- Greeting customers, visitors, contractors etc - First impression of site
- Meeting room involvement / porterage / set up / catering / reset
- Regular patrols inside and externally
- Attention to the smallest details that will enhance this prestigious working environment.
- Resolve minor IT issues
- Provide information / assist with office requests
- Log maintenance jobs for onsite Engineer ( BMT ) and wider Workplace Team
- Help maintain a clean, pleasant work area.
- Update/complete spreadsheets (Word, Excel etc) - able to use a smart phone, tablet and web-based tools.
- Ensure service delivery standards are in line with/and exceed client expectations.
- Support Housekeepers and all colleagues as appropriate, including sharing of best practice and ensuring service consistency.
- To build and maintain strong relationships with all building users.
- To help maintain high standards in the presentation, cleanliness and safety of the site.
- Respond to requests for cleaning, porterage and maintenance tasks during the day.
- To report emergencies eg building faults to WPM.
- To advise the WPM on stock levels of consumable items eg stationary, grit, cleaning products etc. and arrange, if instructed to replenish supplies.
- To assist in maintaining the security of all areas and its contents, this will include opening/ closing of the site.
- Ensure all customer and client communication, whatever the form, is answered in a timely manner and in accordance with the company's customer service standards.
- To interact and communicate with all occupiers, staff, visitors and colleagues in a courteous, professional and helpful manner at all times.
- To actively communicate with colleagues internally, along with our Ascot partners, to provide a "One Team" approach/attitude.
- CCTV monitoring/investigation.
- Car park duties (is applaicable).
- Security & Exceptional Customer Service is the No1 priority.
- This role will help maintain an exemplary customer service culture within the property.
- Seek to continually improve the customer service delivery, reviewing, responding to and learning lessons, accepting change where possible & appropriate.
- Nurture robust customer relationships, understanding and exceeding their expectations, ensuring that services are organised and surpass those expectations.
Experience and Personal Qualities
- Experience in a customer focussed position
- Demonstrable experience of first-class Customer service
- SIA license desirable
- An uncompromising desire to achieve first class, customer-centric service delivery.
- Tenacity to overcome obstacles and a bounce-back ability to respond to setbacks.
- A real focus on attention to detail.
- Flexible approach - this role may include weekend working and early starts/late finishes.
- Good communicator.
- Great Team Player with ability to work in a Team but also alone in an environment of responsibility.
- Underlying desire to deliver the best customer experience possible.
- This job description describes the principal purpose and key elements of the job. It is a guide to the nature and main duties of the job as they currently exist, but it is not intended as a wholly comprehensive or permanent schedule and is not part of the contract of employment.
We re committed to promoting diversity at FirstPort and recruit on merit. We will consider applications from job share applicants.
Ready to Apply?
Click the below apply button to start your application for this role. We will ask you to upload your CV and answer a few questions. You may also be asked to complete verbal and numerical reasoning tests online.
If you meet the criteria for the role we ll be in touch to arrange a short telephone interview and our shortlist of candidates will be invited to attend interviews with the hiring manager and up to three other key stakeholders.