Job Description Vista Outdoor
is seeking a high performing Vice President , Strategy & Corporate Development
to join their team. In this position, you will lead strategy development and co-lead corporate development across the Vista Outdoor portfolio. As Vista Outdoor continues its focus on growth, this role will play an integral role in driving the companys mission to Bring the World Outside.
This highly visible role will be responsible for driving strategic planning, strategic initiatives, pricing, and analytics across the corporation and within each of our discrete business units. This position will also play a critical role in evaluating and integrating potential mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, and strategic alliances and manage an ecosystem of strategic consultants and partners. You will lead a small, active team that drives and manages many of Vista Outdoors most significant strategic decisions and is a critical thought partner for Vista Outdoors Senior Leadership Team, CEO, and Board. This role will be part of the future Outdoor Products company post-separation of Vista Outdoor as previously announced.
This position reports directly to our SVP, Chief Financial Officer
and you will get to work out of your home office As a Vice President, Strategy & Corporate Development you will have the opportunity to:
- Drive Vista Outdoors Long Range Strategy Planning Process and provide a framework and disciplined approach to create, develop, and update strategy, both short and long term, to meet and/or exceed priorities for Vista Outdoors growth.
- Provide project management, analytical support, and thought leadership for high priority initiatives that drive increased revenue and profitability across Vista Outdoor.
- Ask critical questions, bring methodologies and analyses to understand emerging trends, current markets, and opportunities. Maintain understanding of the organization and the competitive landscape, leveraging analytics and internal expertise.
- Maintain Vista Outdoors M&A Strategy, develop, build, and nurture effective relationships with potential acquisition and partnership targets, drive all aspects of commercial/market diligence and development and execution of the Value Creation Plan for acquisitions.
- Identify, manage, and develop key internal and outside advisors and ecosystem partners.
- Be a thought partner to BU leaders, senior Vista Outdoor Executives, and the Board of Directors.
- Identify, evaluate, present, manage and execute upon opportunities that align with Vista investment strategies and priorities.
- Capture learnings and continuously refine processes for effective mergers, acquisitions, and strategy building.
- Develop future leaders in the business and build the capabilities of the business units.
- Support the professional development of junior talent in our apprenticeship-based model and build a talent pipeline for our overall Vista Outdoor business.
- Strong strategy and corporate development background, including proven history of success in generating and increasing revenue and long-term value. 10+ years experience in management consulting, corporate development, private equity, or corporate strategy is ideal.
- High-quality written and spoken communication skills as well as deep capabilities with numbers, financials, and analytics.
- Trustworthy thought partner and global thinker with good understanding of consumer markets, research, strategy development, and M&A.
- Motivated and pro-active approach with entrepreneurial and Founders Mentality ethos, but also comfortable working within a structured and professional public company environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with ability to build strong and trusting relationships with internal business leaders as well as external customers, vendors, and partners.
- Bachelors degree, MBA and/or other advanced degree strongly preferred.
We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including: medical and dental, vision, disability and life insurance, 401K, PTO, tuition reimbursement, gear discounts and the ability to add value to an exciting mission!
Our Postings are not intended for distribution to or use in any jurisdiction, country or territory where such distribution or use would violate local law or would subject us to any regulations in another jurisdiction, country or territory. We reserve the right to limit our Postings in any jurisdiction, country or territory.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veteran/Disabled
At this time, Vista Outdoor is closely monitoring the developments on the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) COVID-19 workplace rule regarding COVID-19 vaccination or testing. You will not be asked any questions regarding these items during application.