At MidWestOne, our people are number one in everything we do. We are a community bank with a culture based on integrity and customer care. The people on our team are the foundation of our success. If you're ready to work for an organization that values you, develops your talents and helps you grow personally and professionally, then look no further.
Responsible for conducting banking transactions and serving bank customers by establishing and updating retail services that meet the customers need, resolving complaints and offering appropriate resolutions. Assists with branch operational duties on a daily, weekly, monthly basis.
- Recommends appropriate retail accounts and services by explaining unique benefits to the customer in addition to features
- Informs customers of services offered by other business lines and connects customer to them when appropriate
- Processes all deposit, savings, and loan transactions including complex transactions (ie. CTRs, stop payments, overdrawn accounts, statement or transaction errors, account closing, etc)
- Actively uses bank technology and resources (ie. OnePops and OneView) to keep customer information current and inform them of additional ways we can meet their needs
- Resolves customer complaints and overcomes concerns related to deposit account transactions
- Assists customers with a variety of retail service needs including but not limited to:
- Personal ATM/Debit cards (ie. ordering and closing cards, resolving transaction errors, handling fraudulent transactions)
- Overdraft protection services
- Check orders and updating address and contact information
- Wires and other electronic transfers
- Establishing personal online banking services and assisting with basic navigation questions
- Assists less experienced staff with transactions as needed and is accountable for overrides processed with those transactions
- Locates and resolves offages for self and assists with other associates as needed
- Performs branch operations duties on a daily, weekly, monthly basis (ie. opening closing duties, balancing of accounts, completion of night drop and mail logs, etc)
- Actively participates in community events to demonstrate support for MWO culture
- Provides support and acts as a backup for basic account opening and ownership updates
- Performs other duties based on branch traffic and needs
- Competitive base compensation with additional performance-based incentives/bonus potential (incentives and bonus will vary depending on role)
- Career growth opportunities
- Continuous learning opportunities
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match with immediate vesting
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Employer provided group life insurance with option to purchase additional life insurance for you and your family members
- Employer provided long term and short term disability insurance
- Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, Parental/Grandparent Leave, and more!
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Flex spending plan & Health savings accounts
- Additional Insurance options to meet your personal needs: Pet Insurance and Critical Illness and Accident insurance
- Student Loan Debt Reduction Program & Tuition Assistance Plan
- Wellness Program
- Free banking services and other financial services discounts
- Take Your Dog to Work Day in June
- Employee Rally Day- a day of celebration and recognition!
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Three to six months experience in a customer service role.
We RISE by lifting others. RISE stands for Retention, Innovation, Support, and Empowerment. Through RISE we aspire to create and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging at work and in our communities. Our commitment to RISE is reflected in our operating principles, people and culture. We pledge to continuously learn, so we can understand and support the differences of individuals, embrace each other's strengths, and provide opportunities for all of us to work toward and achieve our full potential.
Now that you know more about us and the position, next step is for you apply so we can learn about you!
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Benefits Package: Yes - Full Time Package
External Company Name: MidWestOne Bank
External Company URL:
Street 2: 1422 9th St. SE