Traffic Design Engineer
We are currently dealing with an award winning civil engineering consultancy who are searching for a Traffic Design Engineer, or Senior Traffic Design Engineer to join their growing business in London. With an expanding workload, you will have the opportunity to work on some of the South-Easts most prestigious Highways and Infrastructure design projects, such as large scale urban regeneration projects, A-road widening schemes, active travel schemes, and more.
You will have a wide responsibility, including delivering your own personal projects, being closely involved with client liaison, training and mentoring junior members of staff, providing technical input into larger projects, and contributing to innovative designs.
- Work with senior colleagues of staff to provide design and technical support for a range of traffic and highways engineering schemes
- Develop your personal understanding of Traffic and highways engineering schemes from inception through to completion
- Develop projects in traffic, cycling, walking and transport schemes
- Develop design proposals for junctions, highways corridors, cycle lanes and bus lanes
- Manage aspects of the delivery and financial side of schemes to ensure proposals are coordinated to agreed outputs and deadlines
- Mentor and develop the capabilities of junior staff, and check their outputs, particularly reports and drawings
- A good understanding of traffic, transport and highway design engineering principals
- Good understanding, or appreciation of design manuals and guidance such as the DMRB, TSRGD and MfS
- Familiar and aware of TMA 2004
- A relevant degree or qualification (BSc, MSc, Meng or HND / HNC
- Expertise in AutoCAD
- A willingness to develop technical abilities with other software, including AutoTrack, KeyLines, KeySigns, Civils 3D and others.
This is a permanent position with a leading and award winning consultancy who are searching for a Senior Traffic Engineer, or Traffic Engineer, to join one of their South-East offices, preferably in London, or Kent.
If this position is of interest to you, or you would like to find out more, please contact Andrey at Critical Project Resourcing