Elevator Controls Corporation - Sacramento, CAPosition Type
Full TimeEducation Level
2 Year DegreeTravel Percentage
Less than 5%Job Shift
Normal Business HoursJob Category
A Technical Support Engineer at Elevator Controls communicates directly with the customer to provide high-level technical support for microprocessor-based elevator control systems. The technical support provided includes the following items.
- Problem identification
- Problem resolution
- Root cause analysis
- Adjustment and installation instructions
The Technical Support Engineer must be a self-motivated team member and have the ability to work and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.Job Duties
- Provide technical support and training for customers.
- Work with customers and company team members to identify and resolve problems.
- Create and document records of customer issues.
- Gather information for engineering changes and replacement orders when required.
- Participate in adjustment manual updates.
- Work with company Field Engineers at customer's jobsites when required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Client/Customer Focus - Provides superior service to both internal and external customers.
- Communication - Expresses and communicates information with consistency and clarity.
- Problem Solving - Able to break down a problem into manageable pieces in order to identify key issues and to determine the cause-and-effect relationships of these issues. Use logic and analytical methods to solve problems.
- Results Orientation - Able to focus on desired outcomes and understand how they should be achieved by meeting and exceeding individual and team key performance indicators.
- Innovative - Able to think outside of the box to develop creative and new solutions or products that meet current and future needs.
- Attention to Detail - Attends to details and pursues quality in the accomplishment of tasks.
- Ownership - Takes pride in the work that is accomplished and understands the function of tasks within the larger picture of the organization. Ensures deadlines are met and work is completed properly.
- Continuous Improvement - Strives for self-improvement through developing skills and increasing knowledge.
- Time Management - Able to balance multiple tasks and prioritize duties as needed.
- Associate degree in Computer Engineering Technology or Electrical/Electronic Engineering Technology Certificate.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to communicate in a calm manner.
- Possess good time management skills with ability to maintain accurate records.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High computer literacy, including the use of Microsoft applications is required.
- Use of basic electronic tools such as multi-meters, oscilloscopes, etc.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Some traveling within the U.S. may be required infrequently.
- Working in a busy office environment at GAL's Bronx facility.
- Technical Support provides coverage from 6am - 6pm M-F, Weekends and Holidays
- Coverage to support this time frame is mandatory on a rotating basis.
- Training will be conducted at GAL's Bronx facility.
- When the training is complete, the ability to work remotely may be required.
- Approximately 15% of work hours will involve travel to job site installations and test tower facilities.
- Occasional moving of materials and equipment.