My main contractor client is looking for a new Technical Manager to join their team on a project in Woking. This is the opportunity to work with a large national developer/ contractor that delivers around 600 units per year.
Due to the increase in the pipeline of work, my client is looking to expand the technical team and they are after someone who has previous experience managing 50-100 units schemes as well as strong managerial skills. Ideally they want someone who has worked with a main contractor.
- Delivering technical design and statutory compliance approvals in accordance with project specific requirements.
- Organization of design activities to ensure programme requirements are achieved
- Actively participate in design team meetings
- Liaise with consultants, clients, site teams and sub-contractors in order to progress and resolve technical design and statutory compliance matters.
- Monitor the achievement of compliance and environmental obligations related to planning, building regulations and insurance, as well as sustainability targets etc.
- Identify manage and mitigate design risks in a timely manner
- Support members of the commercial and construction teams in achieving project goals.
- Manage and coordinate various departments, ensuring progress of the design in an efficient manner
- Participate (when required) on in site planning, logistics and set up
- Manage RFI (request for information), NCR (non-conformance report), technical submittals
- In addition to the above responsibilities the job may also require other duties to be performed
You will be expected to
- Have previous experience managing in design as well as managing consultants.
- You will at times be required to work independently and must be comfortable doing so
- Understand how to best delegate and work in teams where necessary
- Have an understanding of other civil elements on the jobs i.e. underground car park
- Have experience working with housing associations
Rewards and benefits:
Competitive salary, pension, healthcare, travel to site paid, car allowance/travel allowance, life assurance, hybrid working
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.