Full Responsible for the provision of patient care activities and related non-professional services necessary for the care of patients and the maintenance of the Operating Room under the direction of a Registered Nurse. Sets up Operating Room with needed items for patient care; gathers supplies, x-rays, instruments, etc., for cases; handles instruments during procedures. Communicates information to the RN regarding patients. Time Position-40 Hours per Week-Day Shift
Responsible for the provision of patient care activities and related non-professional services necessary for the care of patients and the maintenance of the Operating Room under the direction of a Registered Nurse. Sets up Operating Room with needed items for patient care; gathers supplies, x-rays, instruments, etc., for cases; handles instruments during procedures. Communicates information to the RN regarding patients.
- Practices and implements the technical components of patient care under the supervision of a RN.
- Collaborates with the RN and other healthcare professionals. to implement a plan of care that incorporates physician preferences, nursing assessments and diagnostic data in a manner that is prioritized, timely, and integrated with the plan of care.
- Prepares equipment, supply and resource needs based on an individualized plan of care. Re-evaluates and modifies resource needs as needed.
- Communicates accurate and timely information to the Registered Nurse regarding patients in their care.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to perform all aspects of a variety of surgical procedures. Maintains knowledge and skills to properly operate all surgical equipment and instruments. Utilizes appropriate aseptic technique when handling supplies, instruments, and equipment.
- Follows laboratory policy and procedure to correctly handle and label all laboratory specimens.
- Documents quality controls thoroughly and accurately according to unit specific standards.
- Demonstrates competence in problem solving, conflict resolution, and team building. Serves as a resource to other team members.
- Organizes and utilizes time efficiently. Demonstrates appropriate prioritization. Maintains an organized work environment.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Either prior OR experience or graduation from an approved surgical technician program
- Constant use of vision to judge distances and spatial relationships and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Constant use of hearing to receive oral communication, distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Constant lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Frequent lifting/moving patients.
- Frequent bending, stooping, reaching and gripping.
- Frequent use of clear vision at 20 inches or less.
- Frequent use of speech to share information through oral communication.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing over 50 lbs.
- Occasional use of clear vision at 20 feet or more.
- Occasional use of sitting, squatting, twisting and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional keyboard use/data entry.
- Rare kneeling.