Overview of the role
The jobholder is responsible for the delivery of statutory and regulatory financial reporting requirements for client s collective investment vehicles including the calculation of distribution rates and taxation amounts. The role involves review activities encompassing the supervision of Fund Accountants and some staff management aspects.
Key areas of responsibility
- Review accounts and subsidiary information for collective investment vehicles ensuring timely and accurate delivery to agreed timetables and SLA standards and ensuring compliance with appropriate accounting standards, relevant SORPs and other regulations
- Assist in monitoring of fund accountant performance, conducting appraisals and performing standard staff management activities.
- Supervise and monitor production of financial statements, review of accounts working papers files.
- Liaison with appropriate external and internal parties re work deliverables and processes
- Be aware of the risks of team operations and deliverables and ensure required controls maintained and procedures complied with
- Provide training and guidance Fund Accountants
- Other project work and ad-hoc tasks as required
Skills and experience
Job Specific Competencies
- Adaptable, flexible and proactive
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good decision maker, responsible and accountable
- Deadline driven with effective time management and ability to work under pressure
- Client orientated and results focused
- Attention to detail
Technical Skills, Knowledge, Systems Knowledge (and associated skill level)
- Experienced accountant with sound double entry and financial accounting knowledge including UK GAAP or equivalent standards exposure
- Good knowledge of the securities industry with experience in an FCA regulated business
- Experience of the IA SORP requirements and financial reporting for OEIC / Unit Trust or equivalent vehicles preferable
- Experience of Taxation requirements for OEIC / Unit Trust or equivalent vehicles preferable
- Excellent computer skills, in particular Excel.
Academic/Professional Qualifications (or equivalent qualifiers)
- Accounting qualification Qualified (ACA / CIMA / ACCA) or part qualified (ACA / ACCA) preferable
- Graduate calibre