Avangrid is looking for a Meter Services Supervisor to join their team at their Augusta, ME location.
- Plans, schedules, directs, and appraises work of direct reports and/or contingent workers.
- Leads the activities of a team of Meter Technicians, Testers and Stockhandlers.
- Supervises employees performing field meter service work, meter testing and metering warehouse; hires new employees.
- Responsible for administering meter testing programs and the installation of complex metering configurations including bi-directional and substation inter-connect metering.
- Responsible for ensuring adequate meter inventories, meter shipping, receiving, warehouse and lab testing.
- Administration of meter inventory system: ADM
- Ensures compliance with applicable rules, regulations, policies and guidelines.
- Maintains electric and/or gas services and equipment inventory.
- Researches and resolves customer issues.
Manages department budget.
- Participates in safety programs and responsible for results while ensuring the safety of all employees, the general public, contractors and Company facilities.
- Assist with restoration efforts during storm and other emergencies.
Skills and Requirements
- Associates Degree with a minimum of 3 years relevant experience
- Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of 2 years relevant experience
- Good interpersonal skills.
Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Associates Degree in Electrical Technology or the equivalent
- Experience with installing / maintaining service entrance equipment
- Experience with metering and devices.
- Knowledge of NEC, NESC, ISO New England Operational Procedures and MPUC Regulations
Knowledge working in a union environment
- Masters Electricians License a plus
- Develop Self & Others
- Empower to grow
- Collaborate and Share
- Be a role model
- Focus to achieve results
- Be agile
- Technical Skills
Please note that any applicant who is not a citizen of the country of the vacancy will be subject to compliance with the applicable immigration requirements to legally work in that country
About the Company
AVANGRID, Inc. (NYSE: AGR) aspires to be the leading sustainable energy company in the United States. Headquartered in Orange, CT with approximately $39 billion in assets and operations in 24 U.S. states, AVANGRID has two primary lines of business: Avangrid Networks and Avangrid Renewables. Avangrid Networks owns eight electric and natural gas utilities, serving more than 3.3 million customers in New York and New England. Avangrid Renewables owns and operates a portfolio of renewable energy generation facilities across the United States. AVANGRID employs approximately 7,000 people and has been recognized by Forbes and Just Capital as one of the 2021 JUST 100 companies - a list of America's best corporate citizens - and was ranked number one within the utility sector for its commitment to the environment and the communities it serves. The company supports the U.N.'s Sustainable Development Goals and was named among the World's Most Ethical Companies in 2021 for the third consecutive year by the Ethisphere Institute. For more information, visit
This job has been posted by TalentBoost on behalf of Avangrid. TalentBoost is committed to the fundamental principle of equal opportunity and equal treatment for every prospective and current employee. It is the policy of TalentBoost not to discriminate based on race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion, creed, disability, sex and gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.