Veev is a construction technology company that redefines the home experience.
Since day one, we have been driven by the belief that an extraordinary life should be an achievable reality, not an impossible dream or an endless project. To bring this vision to life, we have reimagined the way the home experience is designed, built, and serviced. Veev has a potent combination of modular technology, design, manufacturing, and construction to provide homes with higher quality, significantly lower cost and 4 times faster than the traditional construction industry. Our home experience defies industry paradigms and raises user expectations, delivering an exceptional new standard of living.
Bring your experience to our growing company and take part in building the next wave of exceptional living!The Opportunity:
We are looking for a manufacturing engineering leader who is ready to play a crucial part in redefining exceptional living for all. This person will lead a team of engineers focused on developing factory automation to build the Veev product.. The position will require extensive collaboration with both internal and external partners as we finalize the sustainable fab in a box model for copy/pasting to many new markets. This position reports to the Director of Manufacturing Engineering.In this Role, You will:
Requirements, Knowledge, and Experience:
- Focal point for all things equipment & automation in the fab
- Directing the activities of the automation engineering group - provide direction & work priority
- Identifies, develops equipment & automation strategies to support fab capacity & automation roadmap. Provides concepts, ROI justifications and budgets for proposed solution(s). Prepares and presents proposals to the executive team
- Leads a team of both automation and mechanical design engineers in designing, procuring, installing, and commissioning new equipment for our factory
- Takes on both in-house and external integrator projects and quickly execute through a roadmap of automation projects
- Responsible for equipment layout
- Works with internal teams to manage CAPEX spend and forecast budget
- Recruits & mentors a team of engineers with a wide skill set, including PLC programming, robot programming, mechanical design, and pneumatic/electrical design
- Investigates technologies on the market and equipment to meet product requirements and increase our production capabilities
- Be hands on with projects and work as a player/coach
- A Can-do attitude with ability to flex being hands on and strategic as necessary
- Engineering- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in the field of Mechatronics/Mechanical/controlsProcess Engineering or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of experience in manufacturing engineering in highly complex and automated production environment
- 5+ years of experience in people management
- Must be a hands-on manager with the ability to show as well as tell
- Knowledge of robot programming, PLC programming, industrial automation components, and an expert in at least two of these areas
- In depth knowledge of CAD, OEE-Q, simulation modeling, 8D, prototyping, CnC programming and manual machine operation, as well as all applicable and common use software for Manufacturing Engineering.
- Travel - Job requires travel >10%; all company sites (US), equipment vendor visits, and extended sync visits with Platform/Design team in Israel
- Have an innovative and disruptive mindset, constantly looking forward
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
- Insurance Benefits for you and your eligible dependents (Health, Dental & Vision)
- Choose from four (4) different health plan options
- One medical plan 100% paid by the company for employee coverage only
- Stock Options in a pre IPO company!
- Paid flexible vacation time
- Paid sick time
- 10 Company Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Plan
- Cell Phone Stipend/Company Cell Phone
- Other Company Benefits
- Counseling Services - professional online counseling platform at no cost
- Discount on Veev/Reali products and services for employees, friends, and family
We all tightly align with our company values of Family, Exceptionalism, Ownership, Innovation & Integrity. As we grow, we are looking to add talented people who are mission driven and bring diverse perspectives and new ways of solving problems. At Veev, we deeply value diversity and are an equal opportunity employer by choice. We consider all qualified applicants equally for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.