The core Separately Managed Accounts ('SMA') Technology team within J.P. Morgan Asset Management sits closely with the Head of the Customized Managed Account Solutions ('CMAS') business to drive a multi-year roadmap to establish a best-in-class SMA platform that focuses on expanding the product offering, facilitating a frictionless Advisor experience and unlocking growth through scalability and efficiency in automation of operational processes. The AM SMA Technology team holds a unique charter within the organization in that it is not directly product-aligned, rather continuously partnering with heads of business, product owners and engineering leads across the Asset & Wealth Management product operating model to achieve its strategic vision for enhancing the SMA platform.
As a member of the core SMA Technology team, you'll be asked to lead by influence across various functional teams to deliver against the multi-year roadmap objectives and key results set forth with our heads of business-a top priority for this candidate being the expansion of proprietary portfolio management and Advisor-support technology solutions to tightly integrate with external, institutional partner platforms where our investment products are placed-covering functional domains that span prospecting, onboarding, guidelines management, trading, service requests and client reporting. This candidate will combine elements of architectural/engineering leadership, relationship management and project management to oversee the discovery, design, implementation and support model of these solutions. You'll work in a highly-visible, collaborative, supportive, and closely-knit team environment that rewards creative problem-solving and leadership skills.
As a member of this team, the candidate will:
- Recruit subject matter experts and thought leaders to drive ideation and requirements documentation of new SMA-related business initiatives.
- Perform systems analysis to assess technical impacts required to support SMA-related business initiatives, generate/publish recommended solutions.
- Orchestrate design ratification across software engineering leads for integrated solutions prior to execution/delivery.
- Compose/maintain end-to-end cross-team delivery plans for new functionality required to support SMA-related business initiatives:
- Compile sprint plans from independent scrum/application teams.
- Recognize and managing to dependencies across teams to deliver code to an integrated test environment.
- Support UAT test planning and execution, as well as production/launch coordination.
- Build a reporting framework to monitor and report progress across initiatives to varying levels of leadership.
- Support production stability and resilience through incident response, triage support and root cause analysis.
To be successful in this role a candidate must possess:
- BS/BA degree in a relevant field, preferably either Computer Science or Finance.
- Minimum of 6 years of software engineering or design/architecture experience in a corporate Technology environment, preferably supporting Financial Services.
- Expertise in application, data, and infrastructure architecture disciplines.
- Advanced knowledge of architecture and design across all systems.
- Fluency in Software Development Lifecycle practices and Agile methodologies.
- Proficient use of the Atlassian suite of products-JIRA, Confluence, etc.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, & decision-making skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are critical, experience and comfort leading large meetings at varying levels of the organization.
Additional preferred skills include the following:
- Good interpersonal skills, having positive approach and team player.
- Coordinate with global counterparts for development activities.
- Challenge and suggest requirements, enhancements to the platform.
- Good prioritization and time management in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven application delivery track record.
- Ability to provide solutions to a tight deadline and customer focus mind-set.
- Experience in the Financial Services industry is added advantage.
- Exposure to domain knowledge in equity, fixed income, mutual funds, general financial products, and trade life cycle would be an added advantage.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The health and safety of our colleagues, candidates, clients and communities has been a top priority in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. JPMorgan Chase was awarded the "WELL Health-Safety Rating" for all of our 6,200 locations globally based on our operational policies, maintenance protocols, stakeholder engagement and emergency plans to address a post-COVID-19 environment.
As a part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. Employees are expected to follow the Firm's current COVID-19 or other infectious disease health and safety requirements, including local requirements. Requirements include sharing information including your vaccine card in the firm's vaccine record tool, and may include mask wearing. Requirements may change in the future with the evolving public health landscape. JPMorgan Chase will consider accommodation requests as required by applicable law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans