Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Travel Percentage :
15 - 25%
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
FIS Commercial Lending Suite is a comprehensive end-to-end platform for the lending process. Specialising in complex commercial and syndicated lending, it supports origination, assessment, in-life monitoring, servicing and syndication across a full range of lending products. It is in use at some of the world's largest banks.
What you will be doing
The most important part of the role is to demonstrate your specialist knowledge of the market in which our prospects operate as well as of the product itself. By showing you understand the problems they are looking to solve you will establish the credibility needed to convince them our solution is the correct strategic choice. This is a client facing role. You will be comfortable presenting to senior people, establishing immediate credibility with opinion formers and decision makers. You will be comfortable operating as part of a team across sales, delivery services and product management, working on large, often complex sales projects with high capital values.
This is a senior position within the organization. It will have direct input into the product management group and responsibility for developing repeatable, high-quality strategies for improved sales presentation and team efficiency.
Additionally, you will work with our technical and product management staff to tailor the application to meet the unique requirements that you will have found during discovery discussions with our prospect. A key indicator of success will be uncovering problems or issues that they have not specifically identified to us.
The role will include the more traditional responsibilities of the pre-sales function, such as analysing client requirements during discovery meetings, preparing scenarios for demonstrations including being able to configure the platform, demonstrating software, formulating appropriate responses and answering ad-hoc questions on functionality for prospects, running functional workshops and responding to RFI/RFP documents. The role is based in the UK, France or Germany and the willingness to travel in future is important (regularly in Europe, occasionally to North America and possibly to the Middle East, Africa and Asia). This may include attendance and support at trade shows and client events.
Lastly, you will help in the development of new business opportunities, using your knowledge of industry trends, regulatory change and competitor offerings to develop thought leadership positions and provide input to the product management process.
You are likely to be currently in, or have recent experience of, a pre-sales position at a software vendor within the commercial lending industry, or experience of working at a bank with a thorough understanding of the needs of its clients and their financing requirements.
What you bring
- At least 4 years' experience working within a software company as a Pre-Sales / Professional Services consultant in commercial lending, or within a bank in a client facing or operational role
- In-depth knowledge of commercial lending as an industry
- In-depth knowledge of the end-to-end front, middle and back-office requirements, with a particular focus on the servicing of complex loans
- Analytical and consultative approach to client engagements, evaluating business problems and proposing solutions
- Understanding of the entire sales cycle, from market research through to contract signing
- Equally comfortable working independently or as part of a team
- Ability to organise, prioritise, and multi-task
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding presentation abilities
- Fluency in a foreign language (especially French or German) would be an advantage
Desirable additional skills
- Experience from a direct competitor such as Finastra or nCino and their respective solutions
What we offer you
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A modern, international work environment and a dedicated and motivated team
- A competitive salary and benefits
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice .
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.