Our mission is simple to help the world Love Mondays.
Every week, thousands of people across the UK start a new job - and it s our job to help them get there.
REED is a specialist provider of permanent, contract, temporary and outsourced recruitment solutions
Our client a world leading multi-national telecoms company is looking a Software Engineer (Java or Python) to join their teams based in Cheltenham or Ipswich.
You'll be joining a specialist security team that is a trusted partner to governments worldwide, protecting critical national infrastructure and committed to the safety and security of our nation and global communities.
You'll have the following responsibilities
- Perform a broad range of complex technical or professional work activities in an Agile team.
- Responsible for software development and software testing.
- Communicate with the customers, gather their requirements and obtain feedback.
- Provide useful input in meetings and challenges the team with new ideas.
- Be a problem solver, enabling data insight to solve our real-world technical problems in an agile environment
- Plan your own work to meet given objectives and processes.
You'll have the following skills & experience
- Make technical decisions which influence the success of projects and team objectives.
- Perform a broad range of complex technical or professional work activities, in a variety of contexts.
- Most importantly, self-motivated and able to learn on the job.
Technical skills to include one or more of the following:
- UX design experience
- MEAN stack
- Java 11 and Spring for backend development
- C, C++, Python / C#
- Deep understanding of platforms such as Windows, Linux, Android and iOS
- Elastic, Ansible, Docker, Jenkins, git
- CI / CD pipelines with Jenkins
- Automated testing experience with Cyprus or Selenium
- Knowledge of Agile and DevOps.
- Security Clearance: DV level of National Security Vetting will be required for this role
This is a full-time, permanent role with an annual salary of up to £50,000+ plus other benefit
You will need to be a British national living within the UK for the last 10 years to eligible for this role.
Please apply now and join us in loving Mondays
18% of the business is owned by the Reed Foundation, which supports good causes around the world. Set up by Sir Alec Reed in 1985, it s the driving force behind all of REED s philanthropic activities.
The Foundation provides funding for a number of charities, channelled via the Big Give, the online donation platform that allows donors to discover and donate to projects of interest.