The Senior Technical Advisory Consultant will perform tasks requiring the application of standard engineering techniques and procedures in regard to electrical, mechanical, and other engineering applications. The Senior Technical Advisory Consultant will work with the project team throughout the planning, development, design, and construction process.
- Perform the mechanical and electrical engineering design of projects from the conceptual phase through design completion.
- Modify and review engineering drawings for a variety of projects including, but not limited to: power plants, process facilities, industrial facilities, healthcare facilities, airports, educational institutions, commercial, and governmental and military facilities.
- Perform design of mechanical and electrical components for project needs and requirements that are set forth by the project managers.
- Performs engineering tasks using mechanical and electrical concepts, practices, codes, and procedures within the mechanical and electrical engineering services industry.
- Perform field inspections, measurements, or calculations for public and private clients.
- Performs research and applies project-related data as required by the project managers.
- Performs engineering, financial, and technical analysis for various engineering projects including power generation, power delivery, and other utilities.
- Develops and performs detailed financial analysis using a variety of computer-based software.
- Develops and incorporates technical assumptions regarding capital costs, operation and maintenance costs, performance estimates, and economic assumptions and forecasts.
- Develops technical reports and presentations summarizing results of analysis.
- Compile data into report format and arrange graphic illustrations of research findings.
- Interpret and present financial and economic conditions and subsequent business implications to client projects
- Develop client presentations, design reviews, financial analyst, and contract administration for the design of utility systems for various industries and markets.
- Plans, conducts and coordinates work in the selection, adaptation and modification of standard engineering techniques for electric transmission system planning procedures and criteria for transmission planning studies.
- Perform electric power and transmission planning assignments that involve conventional engineering practices but may involve a variety of complex features.
- Execute power flow, transfer capability, and economic dispatch associated with transmission congestion management scenarios.
- Perform power system planning and operations including transient stability, short circuit, and voltage analysis.
- Perform necessary North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC), Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC), regional assessments, following established requirements and standards.
- Perform electrical risk assessment processes and procedures utilizing standard techniques.
- Perform transmission planning assignments utilizing power system analysis software.
- Assist with problem-solving electrical power planning engineering fundamental issues and be able to communicate solutions with other operation departments.
- Coordinate departmental and divisional project studies and report preparation assignments.
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical Engineering or related degree from an ABET-accredited program.
- Or Bachelor of Science in Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical or related Engineering Technology from an ABET-accredited program and successful completion of Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam.
- Minimum 7 years utilities planning or Master's in Engineering with 6 years of applicable utilities planning experience or a Ph.D. in Engineering with 4 years of experience. Professional Engineering License (PE) preferred.
- Expert knowledge in standard engineering techniques, principles and procedures.
- Strong attention to detail, facilitation, team building, collaboration, organization and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work methodically and analytically in a quantitative problem-solving environment.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.Ability to independently solve difficult problems that require adaptation and modification of standard techniques, procedures and criteria. Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PPT).
- Ability to travel.
Engineering Primary Location
US-MO-Kansas City Other Locations
US-AZ-Phoenix, US-TX-Houston, US-FL-Orlando, US-CT-Wallingford, US-CA-San Diego, US-GA-Atlanta, US-IL-Chicago Schedule:
Yes, 15 % of the Time About 1898 & Co.
1898 & Co. is a business, technology and security solutions consultancy where experience and foresight come together to unlock lasting advancements. We innovate today to fuel our clients future growth, catalyzing insights that drive smarter decisions, improve performance and maximize value. As part of Burns & McDonnell, we draw on more than 120 years of deep and broad experience in complex industries as we envision and enable the future for our clients. Burns & McDonnell is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans Req ID: