work closely with Partners and Directors. Senior Managers are able to maximize client satisfaction and service, utilize inter-personal skills and good judgment, as well as support training, development, and utilization of other staff members. Senior Managers aptly manage difficult and complex situations, and demonstrate technical expertise and quality control skills. They consistently reflect maturity and commitment to their career. What Your Day Looks Like:
What You Need for This Role:
- Manage tax engagements, including review of tax returns prepared by others.
- Manage internal job scheduling.
- Assure compliance with federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- Assist clients with business and tax planning as appropriate.
- Conduct complex tax research and communicates results.
- Assist in training, mentoring and managing professional tax staff.
- Responsible for multiple jobs at one time.
- Has substantial interaction with clients, and manages client relationships.
- Assist in the billing process.
- Participate in proposals and other practice development/marketing activities.
- Participate in strategic initiatives of the firm.
- Participate as needed in administrative activities of the firm.
What You Can Expect from Us:
- 10+ years of public accounting experience and a Bachelors or Masters degree.
- CPA designation required.
- Strong communication, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Developing negotiator.
- Highly motivated with strong work ethic and a team player.
- Stays abreast of current industry and regulatory developments through continuing education and continuous reading of professional journals.
- Proficient with technology and software applications.
- Ability to supervise and train Associates.
- Ability to develop and manage client relationships.
- Organizational and analytical skills.
- Leadership, interpersonal, supervisory, and technological skills.
- Visible within the business and/or niche community in which she/he works.
- Developing referral source networks and/or methods to attract new clients.
- Full benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, FSA and HSA, and 401K retirement savings
- Competitive salary and annual evaluations with compensation adjustment opportunity
- Firm-wide Recognition and Rewards platform to support our culture of year-round positive feedback and communication
- Profit Share program
- Flexible work arrangements with generous PTO
- "Dress for Your Day" policy
- Educational support programs and Continuing Professional Education (CPE) program for all full time Associates.
- Participation in professional and civic organizations is encouraged through membership dues reimbursement. Brown Edwards is proud to be deeply involved in many charitable organizations that give back to our communities.
- Collaborative work groups or "niches" provide opportunity to work closely with Directors and Partners, allowing you to learn, grow, and build your career. Brown Edwards offers a progressive career path that allows rapid upward movement for the motivated Associate.
Quality : Integrity : Professionalism : Enthusiasm : InnovationEEO
Brown Edwards provides equal employment to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.