Job Title: Senior Support Worker
Salary: £12 - £13 per hour and £45 per sleep - depending on experience.
Job type: Full-time 40 Hours per week.
Here at Inspirations. We provide a home for children and young people who have particular needs that make it impractical for them to live at home, or who expressly prefer not to be placed with foster carers. We also cater to young people who display challenging and unsociable behaviour and would best benefit from a secure, stable environment within a small home setting.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Have a warm, empathic manner that makes each child and young person feel special and loved.
- Be willing to give hugs but, recognise when giving space is needed more.
- Be a good listener and curious about what you can learn from young people.
- Understand and be resilient to the fact that young people you have a strong relationship with one week, may then refuse to talk to or insult you a day later. You will also need to help with supporting other staff with this.
- Be able to have a lot of fun in the workplace but also be prepared to soothe and support overwhelming emotions of both young people and staff teams. Because to show emotion is to be human!
- Be able to produce a ten-page personal plan with at least one interruption per page. Although you will likely have lots more!
- Be a positive mentor and role model for our young people and staff teams alike.
- Have a high level of multitasking is essential. You must be comfortable with cooking dinner whilst entertaining hungry teenagers at the same time. And believe us when we say H-ANGER is REAL!! - Have some knowledge about football, Xbox and Tiktok videos would be helpful but, diverse hobbies and interests are a distinct advantage.
- Manage and provide firm boundaries to young people because they will push boundaries better than anyone and they are smarter than you think!
- Be creative and able to come up with solutions to help manage behaviours and guide less experienced staff in how to also be able to manage behaviours.
- Lead shifts with a confident and enthusiastic manner ensure our young people are cared for to the highest standards whilst then being able to ensure all necessary paperwork is completed before completing your shift.
- Enable effective supervisions that promote best practices within the home whilst providing a supporting approach for our staff teams.
- Contribute to and implement care plans, risk assessments and action plans, participate in reviews and other meetings as required and ensure LAC documentation is up to date and changed when appropriate
- Plan and organise your own workload and help others do the same to achieve improved outcomes for young people.
The Person and Skills Required:
- 1 years' worth of experience of working with young people in a supervisory position
- A clear DBS check (please let us know if you are on the update service or require a full DBS check)
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to commit to changing and demanding shift patterns
- Level 3 in Residential Childcare or equivalent (or currently working towards this qualification with an end date in place)
- Driving Licence (or working towards achieving a full licence)
- Emotional and social intelligence
- Competent IT skills
- Can do attitude
- £12 - £13 per hour and £45 per sleep.
- Bonus Scheme
- Health and Wellbeing cash plan
- Driving licence scheme
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience or relevant job titles of; Support Worker, Care Worker, Care Assistant, Domiciliary Care Assistant, Senior Care Assistant, Team Leader, Care Work Assistant, Resident Care Assistant, Resident Care Worker, Elderly Care Worker, Elderly Care Assistant, Elderly Support Worker, Elderly Care, Support Assistant, Enabler, Healthcare Assistant will also be considered for this role.