At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious, long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client experience, we have located our 15,000+ branch offices where our more than 7 million clients live and work.
In a typical branch office, a financial advisor meets with clients and receives branch office support, so they can focus on building deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St. Louis, Tempe and Mississauga provide support and expertise to help U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. We continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual investors.
We are developing a next-generation data architecture to support our growing business. As a Senior Programmer Analyst, you will contribute to the design and support of a future state cloud-based data warehouse architecture that will power Business Intelligence and Advanced Analytics across the firm. This role will support the Data & Analytics area within Edward Jones by ensuring production data pipelines, BI & AA tools and Analytic data platforms remain highly available. What you'll do:
- Provide 1st level support on our team, and assist in problem resolution for our user community
- Leverage workflow tools to maintain accurate status of assigned tasks (JIRA, Service Now, etc.)
- Ensure scheduled reporting jobs are scheduled to run on a frequency consistent with stakeholder requirements
- Help with Windows and Linux patch testing for the systems we support
- Assist with product configuration to expose additional reporting needs
- Review SQL and ETL processes to tune and fix existing processes
- Develop and review documentation as it pertains to the team
- Prepare and document metrics reporting
- Experience with ETL processes, configuration and scheduling
- 3+ years of experience in using or supporting the following platforms or technologies:
- Business Intelligence tools (preferred platforms: Tableau/MicroStrategy/PowerBI)
- Windows/Linux platform experience
- Experience with Snowflake and Matillion
- Familiariaty with SQL and PL/SQL
- Experience installing and deploying software
- Familiarity with Cloud technologies
- Ability to work through tier 1 level issues and escalate when needed
- Knowledge of database objects; Oracle SQL Server DB2
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or another applicable field is preferred
- 2021 FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For® By Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE Magazine - Edward Jones was named No. 20 on the list.
- From FORTUNE ©2021 FORTUNE Media IP Limited. All rights reserved. Used under license. FORTUNE and FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For are registered trademarks of Fortune Media IP Limited and are used under license. FORTUNE and Fortune Media IP Limited are not affiliated with, and do not endorse products or services of, Edward Jones Investments.
- 2021 Corporate Equality Index - Edward Jones joins the ranks of 767 major U.S. businesses that received top marks in the Foundation's 19th annual scorecard on LGBTQ workplace equality.
- From The Human Rights Campaign. All Rights Reserved
- 2021 Training Top 100 list - Edward Jones ranked No. 19, up six spots from last year in its 21st consecutive year on this prestigious list.
- J.D. Power, 2021 - Edward Jones has ranked "highest in Employee Advisor Satisfaction among Financial Investment Firms" in the J.D. Power 2021 U.S. Financial Advisor Satisfaction Study.
- Edward Jones received the highest score among employee advisors in the J.D. Power 2007,2008, 2010, 2012-2015, 2017-2021 Financial Advisor Satisfaction Studies of employee advisors' satisfaction among those who are employed by an investment services firm. Visit jdpower.com/awards for more information.
Edward Jones does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
At Edward Jones, we value and respect our associates and their contributions, and we recognize individual efforts through a rewards program that promotes a long-term career, financial security and well-being. Visit our career site to learn more about our total compensation approach, which in addition to base salary, typically includes benefits, bonuses and profit sharing. The salary range for this role is based on national data and actual pay is based on skills, experience, education, and other relevant factors for a potential new associate:
Salary: $76798 - $130764