Thank you for your interest in our company! To apply, click on the button above. You will be required to create an account (or sign in with an existing account). Your account will provide you access to your application information. You may review, modify, or update your information by visiting and logging into your account.JOB FUNCTION / SUMMARY:
Responsibility for preparing the Company's internal and external finacial reporting, as assigned, which may include SEC and shareholder's reports, regulatory filings, or executive management and Board of Director packages. Accounting professional may be involved in special projects including implementation of new accounting pronouncements, various aspects of acquisition accounting and integration, process and control development, system conversion and other projects to aid in efficient and accurate financial reporting for the Company. ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Works on a team that has the following responsibilities:
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE:
- Prepares & submits by regulation deadlines all regulatory reports, including those required from the SEC (10Qs and 10Ks), FDIC (call reports) and the Federal Reserve (Y-6, Y-8, Y-9, and Y-10) as well as all other regulatory reporting and requests for financial information
- Responds to follow-up questions on the regulatory filings and audit examinations
- Prepares various financial tables and financial information use in the earnings press release
- Prepares the financial reports and calculations to be used in the monthly executive reporting and board packages
- Reconciles all reports, footnotes and texts to authoritative documentation such as general ledger and source system reports.
- Creates workpapers to support reporting that are made available for review and audit
- Understands complex accounting and regulations and identifies the best source for providing accurate information
- Interfaces with multiple departments throughout the Company to receive updated and accurate information
- Assist in implementation of new pronouncements within the Company
- May perform general accounting functions where appropriate
- Responds to internal and external audit requests and updates 404 Sarbanes-Oxley documentation for any change in control procedures
- Prepares various state quarterly reports for each bank: Assessments and Branch Deposit Reports
- Coordinates and compiles financial information for the annual Proxy
- Responds to ad hoc data requests from external sources such as the US Census and analysts requests for information
- Reviews information produced by Marketing and Investor Relations for accuracy as requested prior to release
- Provides financial statements to Institutional Banking for public fund bids as requested
- Special projects as requested by Management.
ESSENTIAL MENTAL & PHYSICAL REQUIRMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or a related course of study
- 5+ years of applicable Financial Reporting experience, preferably within a Financial Institution
- Previous experience as a Senior Staff Accountant (Public Accounting experience preferred)
Experience applying accounting principles and concepts in a general accounting department; SEC and Regulatory accounting knowledge a plus
Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word & PowerPoint), and broad experience and exposure with other software, such as GL Packages, Hyperion, and Query tools
- Ability to work under stress and meet deadlines
- Ability to operate related equipment to perform the essential job functions
- Ability to read and interpret a document if required to perform the essential job functions
- Ability to travel if required to perform the essential job functions
- Ability to lift/move/carry approximately 10 pounds if required to perform the essential job functions. If the employee is unable to lift/move/carry this weight and can be accommodated without causing the department/division an "undue hardship" then the employee must be accommodated; hence omitting lifting/moving/carrying as a physical requirement.
This job description is only valid as of the date it was revised. Please contact the HR Compensation Department to obtain the latest version. Information contained herein should be treated as confidential to Hancock Holding Company.
NOTHING IN THIS JOB DESCRIPTION RESTRICTS MANAGEMENT'S RIGHT TO ASSIGN OR REASSIGN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES TO THE JOB AT ANY TIME
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious beliefs, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or history of disability, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, disabled veteran, or other protected characteristics as required by federal, state and local laws.