At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious, long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client experience, we have located our 15,000+ branch offices where our more than 7 million clients live and work.
In a typical branch office, a financial advisor meets with clients and receives branch office support, so they can focus on building deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St. Louis, Tempe and Mississauga provide support and expertise to help U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. We continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual investors.
As a Senior DLP and Insider Risk analyst, you are a valued member of the Insider Threat Team. You are passionate and inquisitive but understand the sensitivity and responsibilities that come with a career in cyber security. You are eager to continue to learn through self-driven research, mentorship opportunities, and industry leading training. You are excited to be at a point in your career that you can offer mentorship and guidance to those on the team that are newer than you and help them to advance their technical understanding. You are ready to tackle some of the more advanced challenges associated with DLP and Insider Risk and look forward to doing it through collaboration with purpose and a positive attitude. You provide feedback and insight to your leader on opportunities to strengthen the program and actively contributes in leveraging best practices to improve the overall cyber maturity and posture across the enterprise.
What You'll Do:
- First level response for advanced, Real Time DLP and Insider Risk alerts and events
- Triage events and investigate to identify false positive and true positive events
- Quickly and accurately determine the level of urgency and escalate or investigate as necessary
- Responsible for supporting, and sometimes leading, tactical analytic response efforts
- Perform activities necessary for immediate containment and long-term resolution of events and incidents
- Perform advanced analysis of data from a variety of sources (host, network, cloud, messaging, application), correlating it to meaningful DLP and Insider Risk events
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of the Edward Jones network and operating environment
- Work with platform owners to identify telemetry required to support in-depth analysis and investigations when required
- Perform highly confidential and complex digital investigations promptly
- Generate reports around security events and metrics
- Ensure that all security events are properly documented/tracked to meet audit and legal requirements
- Develop documentation in support of response processes and/or procedures
Posted internally as "Technical Consultant"
What Experience You'll Need:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Information Systems or related field preferred; or equivalent related work experience
- Three to five years' experience in cyber security, with a minimum of three working in DLP or Insider Risk
- Investigative mindset and familiarity with analytic methodologies, including a working knowledge of common data sets required to investigate DLP and Insider Risk events
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills with a strong attention to detail and comfort in presenting technical details to non-technical parties
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and capable of working under pressure
- Ability to maintain confidentiality while dealing with sensitive information
- 2021 FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For® By Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE Magazine - Edward Jones was named No. 20 on the list.
- From FORTUNE ©2021 FORTUNE Media IP Limited. All rights reserved. Used under license. FORTUNE and FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For are registered trademarks of Fortune Media IP Limited and are used under license. FORTUNE and Fortune Media IP Limited are not affiliated with, and do not endorse products or services of, Edward Jones Investments.
- 2021 Corporate Equality Index - Edward Jones joins the ranks of 767 major U.S. businesses that received top marks in the Foundation's 19th annual scorecard on LGBTQ workplace equality.
- From The Human Rights Campaign. All Rights Reserved
- 2021 Training Top 100 list - Edward Jones ranked No. 19, up six spots from last year in its 21st consecutive year on this prestigious list.
- J.D. Power, 2021 - Edward Jones has ranked "highest in Employee Advisor Satisfaction among Financial Investment Firms" in the J.D. Power 2021 U.S. Financial Advisor Satisfaction Study.
- Edward Jones received the highest score among employee advisors in the J.D. Power 2007,2008, 2010, 2012-2015, 2017-2021 Financial Advisor Satisfaction Studies of employee advisors' satisfaction among those who are employed by an investment services firm. Visit jdpower.com/awards for more information.
Edward Jones does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
At Edward Jones, we value and respect our associates and their contributions, and we recognize individual efforts through a rewards program that promotes a long-term career, financial security and well-being. Visit our career site to learn more about our total compensation approach, which in addition to base salary, typically includes benefits, bonuses and profit sharing. The salary range for this role is based on national data and actual pay is based on skills, experience, education, and other relevant factors for a potential new associate:
Salary: $90628 - $154313