Senior Design Technology Technician
Actual salary: £18223 - £23574
35 hours per week. 8.00am- 3.30pm, Term time only + 1 week (40 weeks per year)
We are looking for an enthusiastic and committed Senior Technician to work across all the material areas of DT including Resistant Materials, Graphics, Textiles and Food. Broadway Academy is a high performing academy in north Birmingham. The Department:Design Technology is a well-established, supportive, and friendly department part of the Technical Vocational Directorate that also includes Art, ICT, Health and Social Care and Business Studies. We offer Design Technology throughout KS3 where pupils rotate across subject areas and within KS4 we offer GSCE Design Technology via the AQA specification.You will have the experience and skills to be able to:
- Maintain four Resistant Material workshops, Graphics, Food and Textiles rooms;
- Carry out general repair and maintenance work within the DT rooms;
- Provide stock control of equipment, tools and machinery. Manage the use of resources to meet the needs of the school.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of policies relating to Technicians.
- Line-manage individuals and teams of technical staff including responsibility for staff development.
- In consultation with appropriate Heads of Department, assist in the development and monitoring of relevant plans and procedures to support the implementation of the curriculum and school targets.
- Develop and monitor the relevant budget and liaise with the responsible officer as appropriate.
- Undertake the deployment of technical staff in line with the school policy.
- Ensure physical resources are managed to best value and liaise with relevant personnel.
- Ensure that the training & development needs of staff are assessed and met in conjunction with school policy.
- To undertake appropriate professional development including adhering to the principle of performance management.
If you are keen to work in a successful and growing academy, which encourages staff to aim high in their own careers, this could be a great opportunity for you. For more information and to request an application pack please contact Paul Hunt at Hays EducationT: E: Broadway Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments will be subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure.