The Sr. Compensation Analyst is responsible for managing compensation processes and pay equity across the entire organization. This includes benchmarking positions and partnering with business leaders and HR Business Partners to ensure equitable pay recommendations. You will analyze data and generate insights in order to ensure our total rewards (pay, bonuses, and other incentive programs) align to our business goals and remain competitive with applicable labor markets. You will support our commitment to deliver fair and equitable incentives and rewards for all of our employees around the world. You will coach colleagues throughout the company on our talent philosophy, pay decision considerations, and how to have meaningful conversations about total rewards.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Benchmark new and existing positions across the organization against external market survey sources and internal roles with similar responsibilities. This includes assigning positions to grades within the salary structure, job code creation and maintenance, and, for US positions, determining Exempt or Non-Exempt classification based on FLSA guidelines
- Assist in the development and maintenance of job descriptions, ensuring job responsibilities, scope and qualifications are accurately reflected
- Lead the annual incentive bonus and compensation planning processes
- Participate in market-based compensation surveys
- Annual review and adjustment of global salary structures
- Manage global compensation projects, pay equity, and survey management
- In coordination with local plant HR, manage union and hourly rate increases across all sites
- Partner with Talent Acquisition team to advise on complex offer packages
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Experience in compensation, HRIS, SuccessFactors, and/or MarketPay a plus
- Proven ability to professionally manage confidential information
- Outstanding attention to detail and ability to organize work
- Initiative and team-oriented mindset required
- Bachelors Degree
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) or equivalent certification in process or completed preferred
Established in 1932, Stepan Company is a major manufacturer of basic and intermediate chemicals including surfactants, polymers, as well as specialty ingredients that go into consumer, household, and institutional products such as laundry detergents, shampoos, and surface cleaners. Stepan Company currently has 20 global manufacturing locations and over 2,000 employees. We have a strong record of growth. Our growth allows us to provide meaningful career opportunities and stability to our team members. We have big goals at Stepan and know every team member will be crucial to achieving our objectives. Regardless of function, we are looking for team members who bring with them a growth mindset, an entrepreneurial spirit, and the ability to thrive in an evolving environment.
We celebrate diversity at Stepan and are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.