Senior Associate, Mutual Fund Tax Requisition Number:
93192 - 43 Function:
Tax Services Area of Interest: State:
Grand Rapids Description:
At KPMG, you can become an integral part of a dynamic team at one of the worlds top tax firms. Enjoy a collaborative, future-forward culture that empowers your success. Work with KPMGs extensive network of specialists & enjoy access to our Ignition Centers, where deep industry knowledge merges with cutting-edge technologies to create innovative tax solutions. Join a diverse team helping high-profile clients understand, analyze, and respond to complex business opportunities and challenges. Develop your career through a range of multifaceted engagements, formal training, and informal mentoring.
At KPMG, we believe nothing is more important than investing in our culture because its an investment in our people, our future, and what we stand for as a firm.
KPMG is currently seeking a Senior Associate to join our Business Tax Services () practice.
- Review of tax provision and distribution work papers for Regulated Investment Companies (RIC) including (but not limited to) the following: review Regulated Investment Company fiscal and excise tax provision work papers, review financial statement disclosures, and review annual book-to-tax adjustment analysis by examining the taxability of investment income/expenses, securities transactions, and complex derivatives including futures, options, and swaps; prepare income and capital estimates of RIC distributions
- Review work papers and other documents to support client deliverables
- Review disclosures included in semi-annual financial statements
- Review quarterly and annual IRC asset compliance testing
- Participate in technical training to develop skills
- Develop investment tax and other accounting skills
- A minimum of three years of experience of mutual fund tax
- BS/BA degree in accounting/finance or equivalent work experience
- Understanding of accounting and tax concepts, practices, and procedures is required
- Strong client service skills, team attitude and attention to detail
- Ability to understand financial statements and fund accounting reports and spreadsheets
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link ( ) contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.
KPMG does not currently require partners or employees to be fully vaccinated or test negative for COVID-19 in order to go to KPMG offices, client sites or KPMG events, except when mandated by federal, state or local law. In some circumstances, clients also may require proof of vaccination or testing (e.g., to go to the client site). GL: