We have an exciting opportunity for a senior Engineer to work for a Main Civil Engineering contractor on a very prestigious project in North Wales
This construction programme is due to start soon with c 6 years worth of work in front of them. They require a ection Engineer to work across the project responsible for the heavy civil / Shafts section
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of working on large civil / tunnelling schemes, with a background, either within heavy civils, and structures, highways or infrastructure.
Responsibilities as Section Engineer:
• act as the main technical adviser on a construction site for subcontractors, craftspeople and operatives within your area of responsibility.
• develop safe systems of work, method statements and quality documentation; ITPs, QRPs and the like.
• produce, monitor and control budgets for sections of work scope.
• ensure that all materials used and work performed are in accordance with the specifications
• oversee the selection and requisition of materials
• manage, monitor and interpret the contract design documents
• liaise with any consultants, subcontractors, supervisors, planners, quantity surveyors and the general workforce involved in the project
• attending regular progress meetings to inform the wider team
• carry out day-to-day management of the site, including supervising and monitoring the site labour force, junior site engineers and the work of any subcontractors in area of responsibility
• plan the work and efficiently organise the plant and site facilities in order to meet agreed deadlines
• oversee quality control and health and safety matters on site
• prepare reports as required
• resolve any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise.
Required Qualifications / Expertise:
• MEng/BEng/Foundation Degree/BTEC/ Degree in Civil Engineering