Are you looking for a place to deliver excellent care patients deserve? At West Valley Medical Center we support our colleagues in their positions. Join our Team as a(an) RN PACU and access programs to assist with every stage of your career.
At West Valley Medical Center we want to ensure we support you through all stages of your life as a nurse. We offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Are you a continuous learner? With more than 94,000 nurses throughout HCA Healthcare, we are one of the largest employers of nurses in the United States. Education is key to excellence! As a majority owner of Galen College of Nursing, which joins Research College of Nursing and Mercy School of Nursing as educational facilities within the HCA Healthcare family, we make it easier and more affordable to gain certifications and job skills. Apply today for our RN PACU opening and continue to learn!
Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Registered Nurse in the PACU/ Recovery you will provide excellent patient care to individuals following operative and invasive procedures. Our team works hard to support each other, we are looking for an amazing nurse who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. In this role:
- You will be able to perform general nursing duties and be competent in all post-operative procedures as verified by specific competencies.
- You will demonstrate the ability to facilitate smooth and efficient room turnover and patient flow.
- You will complete all paperwork and computer charting to ensure accurate and timely charting.
- You will provide appropriate management of pain under the direction of the anesthesiologist and documents changes and reassessment using the pain scale.
- You will work with the family to inform them of progress of the patient, delays in transfer to the unit, etc.
- You will facilitate communications between other departments as needed and prepare patients for transfer of care. .
- You will follow through on reporting problems and ensure proper use of the chain of command as a patient advocate, maintaining communication regarding any changes in the patient condition.
- You will act in a composed and professional manner, especially under pressure.
- Current State of Idaho Registered Nurse License.
- BSN preferred.
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and Certification American Red Cross or American Heart Association Advanced Life Support Course (ALS or ACLS) and Certification.
- One or more years of critical care experience preferred, but not required
West Valley Medical Center (WVMC) provides a small-town, friendly environment with a big-city commitment to high-quality patient care. Located in Caldwell, Idaho, this 150 plus bed facility comes nationally accredited. We have consistently been awarded for performance and clinical outcomes. The WVMC team is comprised of 800 employees and volunteers. Our three-story hospital has several off-site community clinics. In 2017 WVMC was named among the Top 100 Hospitals for the fourth consecutive year.
Located within The Treasure of the Valley, WVMC stands as a pillar of excellence for our friendly community. Caldwell offers a family-friendly culture with walking paths, recreational parks, two golf courses, the Boise River as well as a short commute to Boise and countless outdoor adventures.
We are part of the HCA Healthcare network - which includes more than 300 affiliate facilities across the nation - offering our colleagues the opportunity for travel and relocation. HCA Healthcare and West Valley Medical Center are all about caring for people, and that care extends to patients, families and our colleagues
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Good people beget good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If growth and continued learning is important to you, we encourage you to apply for our RN PACU opening. Our team will promptly review your application. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities apply today!
Recruiter Info: Please contact Brandi Skinner, Brandi.Skinner@ or 515-414-1592 (call or text) for information or questions about this and other career opportunities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.