Join Our Team: Make a difference in the lives of incredible children. Join our team today! Overview:
Pediatric Specialty Care in Philadelphia, PA is seeking a patient, empathetic and problem-solving Respiratory Therapist to join our clinical team. We are offering Full Time, Part Time, & Per Diem Opportunities!
Respiratory Therapist Overview:
- The Respiratory Therapist assists with ensuring the health and well-being of our individuals by evaluating individuals' ventilator weaning and/or respiratory rehabilitation potential.
Respiratory Therapist Shift Options (12-hour shifts):
- Day Shift (7:00am-7:30pm)
- Night Shift (7:00pm-7:30am)
Respiratory Therapist - Status Options Defined:
- Full-time: 3-12 hour shifts per week - Self Scheduling Benefit eligible.
- Part-time: 2- 12 hour shifts per week - Self Scheduling, Benefit eligible.
- Per Diem requirements: The hourly requirements are a minimum of two (2) shifts per month to include at least one (1) weekend shift and a minimum of two of the six designated holidays at facility discretion, not benefit eligible.
PSC Benefits to Explore (even part-timers qualify if minimum hours are met!):
- NEW OPPORTUNITY for higher a base wage (for part timers only - 22.5-30 hours): Pay in Lieu of Benefits Program
- Full Suite of Health benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- 401K with Employer Matching
- PTO & Holiday Pay
- Next Generation Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Thinking about Continuing your Education? Tap into our Tuition Assistance Programs to help you chase your goals
- Shift Differentials
Pediatric Specialty Care (PSC) Overview:
- At Pediatric Specialty Care, we are dedicated to providing the best possible long term, short term and transitional care available for technology-dependent and medically fragile infants, children and young adults. Pediatric Specialty Care is dedicated to meeting the unique needs of medically complex and technology dependent individuals ranging from birth to 21 years of age. Our goal is to enable children with special needs to realize their fullest potential in a nurturing and supportive environment. It is evident to our residents and their families that whether we are helping to transition a child back to their family's home or celebrating a resident's small, yet miraculous achievement, we are deeply committed to their physical, psychological and spiritual well-being every step of the way.
Pediatric Specialty Care in Philadelphia, PA is located at: 3301 Scotts Lane, Philadelphia, PA 19129 . Apply to our Respiratory Therapist position today!
Employee Perks!: 12 hour shifts, 401K Retirement Plan with Company Match, Free On-Site Parking, Free Uniforms, Friendly and supportive staff, Generous PTO & holiday package, Life Insurance, Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance, Point-earning employee reward program: redeem for prizes!, Substantial employee referral program, Tuition reimbursement program Responsibilities:
Day-to-Day RT tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain critical airways, respiratory modalities, maintain and troubleshoot ventilators
- Screen and provide an in-depth evaluation of the needs of ventilator & respiratory clients
- Identify problems and develop a complete plan of care according to facility/unit policy and federal/state regulations
- Initiate ventilator weaning protocol and/or respiratory rehabilitation in accordance with the physician's orders; maintain required contact with physician
- Maintain written records, evaluations, progress notes, and discharge summaries of residents receiving respiratory treatment and monitoring according to state, federal, and facility policies
- Confer with personnel of other departments and provide required training to meet special needs of residents
Base wages increase with experience!
Base salary starting at (note: salary increases with experience):: USD $36.00/Hr. Qualifications:
- Must possess, as a minimum, a degree in Respiratory Therapy from an accredited school
- Must possess a current, unencumbered, active license to practice as a Certified or Registered Respiratory Therapist in Pennsylvania
- Previous experience with ventilator dependent residents
- Working knowledge of the needs of the pediatric and chronically ill requiring long term care, supervision, organizational behavior and structure, and communication systems
Pediatric Specialty Care expects all current and new employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination. Employees may request a medical exemption from vaccination.
EOE Statement: WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.