Sign on Bonus and Relocation available for qualified candidates!
Are you looking for a place to deliver excellent care patients deserve? At West Valley Medical Center we support our colleagues in their positions. Join our Team as a(an) Registered Nurse RN Med Surg and access programs to assist with every stage of your career.
At West Valley Medical Center we want to ensure we support you through all stages of your life as a nurse. We offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Are you a continuous learner? With more than 94,000 nurses throughout HCA Healthcare, we are one of the largest employers of nurses in the United States. Education is key to excellence! As a majority owner of Galen College of Nursing, which joins Research College of Nursing and Mercy School of Nursing as educational facilities within the HCA Healthcare family, we make it easier and more affordable to gain certifications and job skills. Apply today for our Registered Nurse RN Med Surg opening and continue to learn!
Job Summary and Qualifications
As a highly-skilled and compassionate Registered Nurse in the Medical - Surgical Unit you will provide direct patient care. You will work to provide patients with an individualized care plan through assessment and planning to meet their needs. Our team supports each other like family and we are looking for someone who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. In this role:
- You will respond quickly and accurately to changes in condition or response to treatment.
- You will provide assessment and planning for individualized patient care.
- You will provide care for the patient in collaboration with the patient/family, with regard to developmental, cultural and age specific differences, develops and implements patient care plans to include problems, goals, evaluations and interventions.
- You will communicate effectively with physicians regarding patient's clinical condition and results of diagnostic studies.
- You will perform nursing duties as needed in the continuum of care for all patients.
- You will participate in process improvement efforts and activities for the department.
- You will act in a composed and professional manner, especially under pressure.
- Current State of Idaho or Compact Registered Nurse License.
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and Certification within 7 days of hire.
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Advanced Life Support Course (ALS or ACLS) and certification.
- Associates Degree in Nursing required. BSN is preferred.
- Able to articulate and demonstrate appropriate nursing theory and practice. Experience requirements are specific to positions and departments as appropriate.
West Valley Medical Center (WVMC) provides a small-town, friendly environment with a big-city commitment to high-quality patient care. Located in Caldwell, Idaho, this 150 plus bed facility comes nationally accredited. We have consistently been awarded for performance and clinical outcomes. The WVMC team is comprised of 800 employees and volunteers. Our three-story hospital has several off-site community clinics. In 2017 WVMC was named among the Top 100 Hospitals for the fourth consecutive year.
Located within The Treasure of the Valley, WVMC stands as a pillar of excellence for our friendly community. Caldwell offers a family-friendly culture with walking paths, recreational parks, two golf courses, the Boise River as well as a short commute to Boise and countless outdoor adventures.
We are part of the HCA Healthcare network - which includes more than 300 affiliate facilities across the nation - offering our colleagues the opportunity for travel and relocation. HCA Healthcare and West Valley Medical Center are all about caring for people, and that care extends to patients, families and our colleagues
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Good people beget good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If growth and continued learning is important to you, we encourage you to apply for our Registered Nurse RN Med Surg opening. Our team will promptly review your application. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.