I am recruiting for an excellent opportunity for an experienced multi-site Registered Manager who is looking to step up into a Peripatetic Manager/Regional Support Manager
role in the South Region
to cover Milton Keynes and Berkshire areas
. My client takes pride in providing good quality care and support for adults with Learning Disabilities, autism, brain injuries and other complex needs across the UK providing exceptional person-centred care and support.The successful candidate will have extensive experience within the management of care services, including knowledge of CQC compliance and turnaround. This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking for the step up into a senior management role or someone who enjoys quality assurance.Key Responsibilities of a Regional Support Manager:
Regional Support Manager Requirements:
- Your primary role is to support all members of the Operational team by providing coaching and guidance in addition to undertaking tasks in line with the current business needs.
- This will include tasks relating to office management systems, policy and procedures and relevant Local Authority/CCG/NHS and other customers contractual requirements.
- You will support the Operations Managers to ensure services are delivering great care whilst ensuring commercial success.
- This will include working within community and residential settings and will include management of sites and teams and where required regulations registration.
- You will be prepared to support or manage any service within the portfolio which will require a flexible working and will at times include overnight stays.
- You must be financially astute and exceptionally organised
- You should be as approachable, as reliable and as dedicated as we are, and you'll be poised to hit the ground 'sprinting'.
- Experience at Registered Manager level
- Previous managerial experience in either or ideally both Residential and/or Supported living Services for Adults with Specialist Care needs.
- Very strong working knowledge of care standards and regulations
- Proven results around adhering to all CQC regulations and raising standards of care where necessary
- Have turn around experience
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- NVQ L5 or above
- Must be a driver due to nature of role
- Enhanced disclosure
- Comprehensive induction and commitment to ongoing training
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Retail rewards and savings
- Long service awards
If you are interested in the above position please apply, or for more information contact Nichole Wheeler
at Domus Recruitment.As part of our continual pursuit of quality candidates we appreciate and reward candidate recommendations from you if we successfully secure them a position. We will reward you with £200 if you recommend a new candidate to us who is not already registered and we secure them a role for a minimum of 1 month.