This exciting new role will help with the build of our new mortgage centre in Cardiff for the Homes England servicing function launching in the latter half of 2022.
Based in our Cardiff city centre offices, this role will help build our redemptions department along with the redemptions team leader. The role will then be part of the team once the service has transitioned, dealing with the day to day customer demands.
Initially you will be involved in testing our systems, ensuring the redemptions processes work correctly for the team and customers and then getting us ready for launch. You will be a founder member of the team and able to help us shape how we do things for the customer and colleagues.
Once the service is live you will be responsible for managing all customer queries, processes and procedures relating to redeeming their Equity Loan. This involves liaising with Third Parties such as estate agents, solicitors, mortgage brokers
The role is hybrid meaning there will be a flexibility to work from home but this will be in line with your teams needs and at the discretion of the Operation Manager & business needs.
The Cardiff centre will run on shift rotation Monday to Friday 8am -8pm, Saturday 9am- 1pm and will be closed Sundays and Bank Holidays, however the role will be 9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday until launch in November but then move to a shift rotation so flexibility will be key.
- Respond to all enquiries, whether received by telephone, in writing, efficiently and in accordance with the redemptions process
- Ensure accurate figures are provided for the required redemption of the help to buy loan and that these figures are provided to the customer in a timely fashion
- Ensure timely response of all communications to Third Parties, including solicitors and mortgage brokers
- Liaise with Solicitors to ensure that redemption figures are paid as agreed
- Update the case management system with clear and accurate notes
- Ensure compliance with all statutory and regulatory requirements with particular emphasis on treating customers fairly (TCF)
- Ensure all work is carried out in line with the applicable regulatory and legislative requirement
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- A minimum of 12 months experience, working within redemptions, financial services, fintech, or mortgages
- An understanding of the regulators involved in financial services
- Experience in communicating effectively
- Confident, flexible, and self-motivated.
- Articulate with the ability to interact with people at all levels
- A fast learner with the ability to acquire knowledge swiftly, work with the knowledge and pass it on as necessary
- Able to overcome objections and conflicts, proposing suitable methods of rectification
- Detail orientated with the ability to work methodically
- Able to prioritise tasks and workload to meet tight deadlines in a frequently changing environment
- Able to work proactively under your own initiative
- Adept at solving problems and possess strong analytical skills
- 28 days + 8 bank holidays. Option to buy more days through salary sacrifice.
- A cash payment annually towards flexible benefits, e.g., dental insurance, gym membership, the above extra holiday etc.
- x4 Life Assurance.
- Company sick pay (2 months full pay, 2 months half, following probation).
- Matched pension scheme (e.g., you pay in 6%, EQ pay in 6%), up to 10% each side (20% in total).
- Discounts with major retailers (EQ Wins).
- Maternity or adoption leave of 3 months full pay, with return-to-work bonus / 2 weeks paid paternity leave.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Please note any offer of employment is subject to satisfactory pre-employment screening checks. These consist of 5 year activity & GAP verification, DBS or Access NI, Credit, Sanctions & CIFAS checks.