The Paycom Recruiter II is a proactive, dynamic, adaptable, and organized recruiter who helps identify a mix of active and passive candidates to recruit and hire exceptional talent for the Paycom team. The recruiter has a working knowledge of the business, policies and technology of Paycom and specializes in finding the right person for the right position within the company. The recruiter is goal driven and has a sales and service mentality.
- Responsible for following the defined processes around sourcing, screening, movement and dispositioning of an approximate 40/60 active vs passive pipeline
- Partners with business leaders and will have access to front line hiring managers to understand hiring needs and goals, and to implement and execute a custom hiring strategy
- May work some pipeline from active applicants while also sourcing candidates from a wide range of tools like LinkedIn, Indeed, CareerBuilder, etc.
- Partners with senior recruiters and team lead to execute recruiting team goals
- Utilizes firsthand stakeholder information and assesses it to measure customer satisfaction
- Brings ideas to management in a compelling manner that gains commitment from others
- Oversee with little or no guidance the full end-to-end recruitment process for hiring across Paycom departments, ensuring a smooth and positive candidate experience
- Has ability to begin negotiations on pay rates and close deals in accordance with company goals and expectations
- Collaborate with others on the recruiting team on initiatives and/or hiring needs as needed
- Create and maintain strong relationships with both hiring managers and candidates
- Act as a mentor to Level I recruiters as needed
- Represent Paycom in a professional and positive manner in all interactions, including networking events and other activities outside of normal business hours
- Helping the recruiting team meet and exceed goals with very little oversite in the day-to-day recruiting process
- Bachelors degree required
- 2+ years sourcing, recruiting, or talent acquisition experience
- Must be able to handle high-volume, fast-pace, and a collaborative environment under minimal supervision
- Experience working in a metrics-driven, corporate environment
- Proficient in Microsoft office
- Working knowledge of applicant tracking systems
- Boolean Savvy
- Confidence in dealing with people both face-to-face and over the phone
- Exceptional verbal and written communication ability
- Time management
- Leadership skills
- Ability to effectively use persuasive communication skills.
Paycom is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Paycom makes employment decisions on the basis of business needs, job requirements, individual qualifications and merit. Paycom wants to have the best available people in every job. Therefore, Paycom does not permit its employees to harass, discriminate or retaliate against other employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, military and veteran status, age, physical or mental disability, genetic characteristic, reproductive health decisions, family or parental status or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable laws. Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation benefits, and separation of employment. The Human Resources Department has overall responsibility for this policy and maintains reporting and monitoring procedures. Any questions or concerns should be referred to the Human Resources Department.