WHAT YOU'LL DO
You'll work on a team that provides a wide range of services to our Managing Directors & Partners (MDPs), manages our MDP compensation and equity programs, including overseeing the annual MDP evaluation process and reporting cycle. In addition, the group supports several MDP life cycle' events (e.g., lateral hiring, promotions, departures, and transfers).
In this position, you will develop a deep understanding of the MDP compensation programs and work closely with other PSG teams and Finance functions including Tax, Treasury and Global Accounting. The work is challenging, very visible and requires strong analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
The Compensation Lead Analyst role will support a range of operational processes on the PSG Compensation team by assisting in the preparation, communication, and compliance functions for various MDP deliverables
- Support the overall PSG operational processes by leading segments of work for the MDP Compensation programs worldwide, including calculations of estimated and final MDP compensation such as MDP salary, bonuses, and deferred compensation awards
- Lead key compensation processes, in some cases delegating and reviewing work completed by other Compensation analysts
- Supporting the production of annual MDP statements and communications detailing the MDP's earned awards and timing of payments
- Review and tracking of MDP compensation payments
- Review of Profit-Sharing Retirement Fund (PSRF) calculations from local finance teams; providing feedback based on eligibility rules and knowledge of local programs
- Performing analysis with current or historical compensation data for recurring operational processes or reporting purposes
- Engaging with the PSG Systems team to continuously support and adapt our systems, models and processes using the Agile methodology; suggest changes, provide requirements, perform UAT in areas of subject matter expertise
- Documenting processes and procedures as well as building your digital knowledge to create and implement digital solutions that improve operational processes and controls
- Collaborating with team members in PSG and the wider global finance organization on other projects as necessary
YOU'RE GOOD AT
- You are detail-oriented, rigorous about accuracy and take a critical eye toward the comprehensive process and completeness of work. You are organized, appreciate the importance of strong policies and procedures to maintain trust in the process and have sound judgment in navigating exceptions. You develop collaborative working relationships with those you interact with and ask questions to clarify your understanding. You seek to provide a high level of professional customer service and have excellent communication skills. Your curiosity leads you to exploring options and solving problems in a collaborative way.
- Growing an understanding of the operation and function of PSG to navigate and suggest efficiencies is critical for success in the role. Critical thinking skills are key to suggesting the most efficient ways to organize a process and collect data required to complete various responsibilities. Growth in the role will be measured by the synergies developed in performing the various processes and improvements you help to implement, including finding new or better ways to use existing tools.
- You bring a positive attitude, are enthusiastic about bringing the team together and building relationships with others. You adapt to feedback and look to make improvements and add value for your customers.
YOU BRING (EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS)
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance/Accounting or related field
- 5-8+ years of experience in a field such as accounting/audit, compensation, financial operations
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills; able to communicate confidently and professionally with senior management, particularly those in finance
- Experience with digital tools such as Alteryx and Tableau
- Skilled in MS office applications - Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Familiarity with Trello, Slack, SalesForce, AdobeSign or other workflow management tools is a plus
- Flexible and adaptable to rapidly changing priorities and ability to stay focused
- High level of confidentiality and discretion in handling of personal data
- Proactive self-starter with critical thinking skills and creativity to solve problems, curious mindset
- Ability to work independently on multiple, simultaneous assignments with minimal supervision
YOU'LL WORK WITH
PSG is the function responsible for the leadership and operation of all aspects of evaluation, compensation, equity and HR for our MDP cohort. The PSG team is within the Global Services function. Global Services (GS) consists of a varied range of functions providing corporate support of BCG's business and strategic priorities for example, Finance, Legal, HR, Marketing, IT, Risk, PSG and more. This diverse team of experts, operators and specialists represent all levels from Partner to entry level staff, operating across the globe in multiple countries. The role will be part of the PSG Operations team and works closely with the PSG Systems team and other sub-functions within PSG.
Candidates should be aware that BCG currently maintains a policy requiring all US & Canada based employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Newly hired employees must be fully vaccinated prior to their employment start date. BCG is an equal opportunity employer and will provide a reasonable accommodation to those unable to be vaccinated for medical or religious reasons where it is not an undue hardship to the company to do so as provided under applicable federal, state, provincial and local law.