JA1107 - Project ManagerLocation - ManchesterSalary - up to £50K DOE + £420/month car allowanceType - Permanent (Immediate start after successful interview)Overview:We are currently recruiting for a Project Manager with strong M&E experience within the infrastructure sector. The successful candidate will liaise with Company customers, providing them with a quality service with the provision of profitability to the business.Aims and Objectives:
- To consistently deliver the companies "Management Expectations" successfully across all key areas, managing and supporting individuals and teams that are under your control to meet and exceed business performance targets.
- Deliver work packages safely, within budget, on time and to specification
- Control costs and maintaining profitability
- Customer satisfaction and employee care
- To manage and control site-based teams to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures including Health & Safety, Environmental Policy, Quality Assurance and Purchasing
- To ensure works are carried out to high standard complying with relevant British Standards and codes of practice
- To manage and set firm financial targets to meet established objectives, which will include the reporting of financial status to the General and Commercial Managers
- To provide tendering facilities for extra project works to suit client requirements.
- To lead, motivate and develop site-based team/s
- To develop customer relationships and provide excellent customer service
- To gain new opportunities through existing and customer base i.e., additional core contracts, extra works, total facilities opportunities
- To provide technical support to the customer and site-based teams utilising central departments, specialist suppliers and sub-contractors
- To provide support and training as required to enhance the effectiveness of the business unit and business as a whole
- Other duties as required by General, Operational and Commercial Managers
Skills & Experience:Essential
- The successful candidate will be trained to QS/AO level as per the HERS association requirements
- Applicants should possess senior management experience combined with good M&E technical knowledge. Emphasis within the infrastructure environment would be advantageous
- Detailed commercial, design, financial and project knowledge of multi-discipline contracts.
- Excellent Customer Service Skills - ability to build and maintain effective working relationship/s
- High level of self-motivation, organisational ability, and drive to meet deadlines
- Familiar and capable of all aspects of testing in accordance with BSth Edition
- Applicants should also be able to demonstrate a proven accounts and financial management track record.
- Trained at Approved Person Level
- Relevant H&S certification
- Ability to provide effective management skills to site-based team/s.
- Confidence and commitment to providing a high quality, professional service
- Possess clear and confident written and verbal communication skills