Project Manager (Consultancy)
What an awesome opportunity to join this Major Projects professional project management team! We are seeking an accomplished Project Manager to help lead the delivery of a range of public sector building projects involving multidisciplinary teams.
You will be responsible for the planning, execution, monitoring, control, and completion of projects or packages of work within larger projects to meet the clients objectives. This includes leading, guiding and developing multi-disciplinary project teams, championing high quality delivery, and promoting a focus on health and safety.
Experience in public sector buildings including education buildings, defence infrastructure, industrial, water and waste management facilities and / or associated infrastructure preferable.
- Managing project proposals including determining project requirements, scope, resources, programme, and cost estimates (budgets) for delivering the project
- Development of project management documentation including project management plans, cost estimates and forecasts, risk registers, project schedules, stakeholder registers, project organisation charts etc. to successfully deliver the project objectives
- Monitoring and controlling the project schedule, manhours, budgets, forecasts, and expenditure
- Monitoring and controlling project progress according to agreed measures and organisational procedures and recommending corrective action where necessary
- Contract management and contract administration including change management
- Managing changes to project scope
- Manage work being performed by project team members, assuring outputs meet the project requirements
- Maintaining project deliverables, information, and records
- Performance management and reporting
- Effectively and accurately communicate relevant project information to the project manager, project team and customer
- Anticipates and takes pre-emptive action to address issues and potential conflict situations that may impact on project delivery
- Leading the delivery of infrastructure projects in one or more infrastructure sectors including energy, waste, defence, education, water and buildings
- Leading multi-disciplinary project teams consisting of technical/professional staff and suppliers
Skills / Qualifications
Typically, 5-10 years' post qualification experience in a project delivery environment
- Degree in relevant technical discipline (engineering, building, quantity surveying, science, project or construction management) or equivalent combination of qualifications and experience
- Membership of appropriate professional institution (PMI, APM, MRICS, MCIOB)
- Qualification/certification at professional level, for example PRINCE2, APM PMQ (APMP) or RPP, PMP
For a confidential chat to discuss this exciting opportunity, please contact Andy Hopkins - or email