The Project Accountant will be responsible for all accounting and financial reporting duties for their portfolio of active real estate development projects across storage and multifamily asset types. This position interacts with various departments such as development, construction, legal, and will be the primary accounting point of contact for lenders and equity partners. This position will utilize Yardi Job Cost for the development projects, prepare draws, as well as maintain budgets, job cost reconciliations and general accounting and reporting. This position reports to the Controller.Job Responsibilities
- Perform all accounting functions for a portfolio of real estate development projects.
- Maintain development budget and commitments in Yardi Job Cost for all aspects of the project life cycle.
- Assist development project managers to effectively manage project budgets. Follow-up with project management team to answer accounting-related requests.
- Perform accounts payable process for assigned projects to ensure expenses are paid timely and recorded accurately.
- Prepare funding requests and submit to equity partner and/or lender in required draw form, and act as primary accounting point of contact to communicate with equity partners and lenders as needed to complete the funding process.
- Perform month-end closing process including bank reconciliations, supporting all balance sheet accounts, and recording accruals and adjusting journal entries. Research account activity as needed.
- Provide supporting documentation for tax return preparation and financial statement audits.
- Prepare recurring and ad hoc internal and external reporting as needed.
- Participate in process improvement initiatives that support the growth strategy, strong system of internal controls and operational excellence.
- Bachelor's degree required
- 4+ years of relevant accounting experience, including experience in the real estate industry
- Yardi software experience, including Job Cost module
- Excel proficiency
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced changing environment and wear many hats.
- Effective verbal and written communication.
- Ability to navigate various computer, web, and cloud-based programs.
- Ability to work effectively with team members in different physical locations.
- High attention to detail to ensure accurate and timely results.
- Takes a proactive approach to accomplishing goals and objectives.
- Ability to manage time to achieve results amidst competing priorities.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance