Seeking a FinTech Agile leadership role within one of the top five largest insurance brokers? This role is on the ground level of transformational initiatives that are delivering a fresh digital perspective on insurance. Join our enthusiastic, entrepreneurial, and collaborative team; relentlessly focused on hitting goals, while delivering creative digital product offerings and technology solutions to our customers and partners. About HUB
In a rapidly changing world, HUB advises businesses and individuals on how to prepare for the unexpected. As one of the worlds largest insurance brokers, our focus is dedicated to providing our customers with the peace of mind that what matters most will be protected through unrelenting advocacy and tailored insurance solutions that put our clients in control. Our growing team of professionals across North America represents a broad, deep, and one-of-a-kind aggregation of entrepreneurs and leaders recognized for their excellence throughout the insurance community. Job Overview Program Manager
HUB International is rapidly expanding our digital product offerings and technology solutions and is seeking a motivated leader to drive mission-critical, enterprise-changing programs and projects to support our strategic goals. In this role, you will lead and support multiple business and technology teams to plan and successfully implement key initiatives supporting critical business objectives and strategic programs.
Our ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of business and technology and a proven ability to plan, lead, and deliver high-level program initiatives. This leader consistently builds strong working relationships with both business and technology partners, communicates effectively across all levels of the organization, welcomes challenges, and always drives for the best business outcome. The Program Manager thrives in a matrixed and virtual environment and excels at leading and supporting teammates, internal stakeholders, contractors, and managed service partners.
The Program Manager will be a natural leader with a strong talent for program planning, coordination, delegation, and execution, ensuring timely and effective management and resolution of risks, issues, and decisions in a unified manner. The Program Manager is expected to contribute to the intellectual strength of the program management team, support the development of program management capabilities, mentor junior team members, and demonstrate a mindset of continual improvement. This leader will have primary responsibility for program delivery as well as helping shape and manage demand, while supporting business partners with solution development and business case preparation. A strong working knowledge and experience across the waterfall development methodology and the Agile framework is required.
Ultimately, the Program Manager is motivated by the desire to ensure program success from inception to completion, while organizing, optimizing, unifying, and elevating the team. Note: this position is remote and can be anywhere in the US. In This Role, Youll Get To:
We want someone who has:
- Lead the planning and delivery of strategic, highly visible, and complex programs to expand HUBs digital product offerings and technology solutions,
- Build collaborative relationships with business stakeholders, IT teammates, strategic partners, and third-party vendors to understand and support HUBs strategic goals and business priorities,
- Lead multiple program teams, ensuring cross-team cooperation, coordination, and alignment to ensure program goals and standards of quality are met. Implement corrective measures at initial signs of trouble to ensure healthy scope, schedule, budget, and delivery of business value,
- Work with other program teammates to identify risks and opportunities across multiple initiatives within the department,
- Lead, manage, and motivate multiple internal and third-party resources supporting HUBs digital technology program management efforts and strategic initiatives, creating a collaborative environment across the business teams, IT, and vendors,
- Hold internal and third-party resources accountable to their program-level commitments and deliverables,
- Ensure timely decision-making, risk mitigation, and resolution of issues, engaging with business stakeholders and senior leaders as appropriate to ensure continued progress,
- Manage key stakeholders; communicate critical program information and actionable insights to the right stakeholders at the right time,
- Coordinate with the business and technology leaders, IT and security operations, and change management resources to ensure change impacts are effectively communicated, ensuring seamless deployments with end-user adoption and smooth transitions into production,
- Support the development of the digital technology program management framework, including policies, standards, processes, and tools, and the advancement of organizational agility and capabilities across both agile and plan-driven delivery approaches.
Education and Qualifications:
- At least 5 years of experience leading and supporting highly visible and complex strategic initiatives for digital technology programs and product offerings,
- Passion for delivering value to business partners and end-users, with a customer-centric mindset that anticipates business needs and responds positively to feedback,
- Established track record for successfully planning, leading, and delivering programs of varied scope, size, and end-user impacts. Ability to identify and resolve unforeseen problems that could arise in a program,
- Ability to lead and motivate others, demonstrating empathy and knowledge of personality types, with a desire to help teammates succeed. Proficiency and propensity for servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, problem-solving, conflict resolution, team empowerment, and transparency,
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and communicate proficiently (both verbally and in writing) with internal and external teams, across all layers of the organization, including virtual team members across multiple time zones,
- Experience managing executive and business stakeholders, with strong presentation skills, ability to adjust the message to the audience, and explain complex concepts in easily understood ways,
- Highly organized, with considerable experience in agile and plan-driven (waterfall) delivery methodologies, supporting digital product management or software development team,
- Successfully held vendors accountable for delivery,
- Familiar with MS Project, Jira, Confluence, Miro, SharePoint, and Microsoft Office tools,
- Business process design, business analysis, or change management experience is a plus,
- Insurance background is a plus,
- PMP certified,
- Desire to learn.
- Required Experience: 5-7 years of relevant experience
- Required Education: Bachelors Degree (4-year degree) or equivalent work experience
- Required Travel: Up to 10%
This position reports into Chicago and can be based anywhere in the U.S. (i.e. remote/virtual). Join a Winning Team at HUB International
When you join the team at HUB International, you become part of the 5th largest global insurance broker, providing a broad array of property, casualty, risk management, life and health, employee benefits, investment and wealth management products and services. Becoming a part of HUB means that you thrive in an entrepreneurial and fast paced team environment supported by over 14,000 professionals in 450 offices across North America. You will be able to actively contribute to our track record of year over year growth fueled by innovative new products and services, mergers and acquisitions, and a great team of people. As part of our talent engine, you will exemplify our strong core values which drive our unique corporate culture. HUBs entrepreneurial spirit is evident in our people, products and philanthropic initiatives and we are passionate about our talent!
Department Information Technology
Required Experience: 5-7 years of relevant experience
Required Travel: Up to 25%
Required Education: Bachelor's degree (4-year degree)
HUB International Limited is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran's status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here at
We endeavor to make this website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the US Recruiting Team toll-free at . This contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.