This position works under direct supervision and performs a variety of assembly operations on electronic and/or mechanical assemblies and/or sub-assemblies. This is a first shift position, and the work schedule is 5:45 am - 4:15 pm Monday through Thursday.
Major Position Responsibilities
- Completes assemblies and subassemblies on warheads and rockets according to specifications.
- Disassemble, modify, rework, assemblies, and subassemblies.
- Maintain set-up and operate a variety of equipment such as presses, paint spray booths, parts washers, soldering, etc.
- Degrease, clean and oil weapon components using various types of chemical cleaners, oils, hot water, etc.
- Performs work from established written work instructions, diagrams, and drawings, and uses hand and/or power tools, jigs, and saws.
- Make continuity checks on work in process and completed.
- Pack out finished product/component per standard operating procedures as required.
- Monitors work during assembly to identify defects in raw materials and in accordance with work instructions.
- Maintains a safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures, complying with legal regulations, and keeping work area clean and free of FOD.
- May be required to operate a forklift.
- May participate in continuous improvement activities.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) including one year manufacturing or related work experience.
- Career Ready Certificate or Wage Certificate.
- Able to acquire and maintain ATF access from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.
- Ability to work directly with and around explosives.
- Experience with various hand tools.
- Must be able to work in a team environment and effectively communicate.
- Ability to read, understand, and carry out written and/or oral work instructions.
- Good housekeeping skills.