Job Family Group:
Are you ready to do something remarkable? Ready to collaborate with an incredible team to solve problems that improve people's lives? Meet Ingevity.
At Ingevity, we develop innovations that purify, protect and enhance the world around us. Our products enable oil to flow better, crops to grow fuller, roads to last longer and ensure that the air we all breathe is cleaner.
Our people come from all different backgrounds and help reimagine new possibilities daily. We understand there is no challenge too big and no contribution too small. We seek out new ideas for tackling complex problems and celebrate achieving the improbable. We value each person's unique talents and synergize them to create meaningful impact and sustainable solutions for our customers and our world.
Bold. Energetic. Ingenious. Genuine. If these qualities describe you, we'd love for you to join Ingevity!
The Production Engineer oversees the operation of the extruder production area in the Covington Carbon Plant. This individual is responsible for the safe and successful operation of their area in support of the plant production goals. The engineer must maintain the operating budget and seek to continually improve the safety and efficiency of their production area.
How you will impact Ingevity:
- Provide safety leadership for the area including routine inspections and address issues quickly
- Lead operator training for technical and process responsibilities in the area
- Maintain effective and updated operating procedures
- Ensure compliance with all requirements of the Quality Management Systems for the area.
- Manage the operating budget for the area
- Work with Maintenance to coordinate preventative and emergency maintenance.
- Provide backup for the Area Supervisor
- Work with the Reliability Team to reduce unplanned downtime
- Investigate process improvements for the area to improve safety and productivity
- Determine needed capital improvements and work with Engineering to complete
- Assist the operator(s) with troubleshooting (quality, mechanical, process, etc.)
- Perform quality reviews to drive continual improvement
- Review process trends, quality data, and environmental data
- Routinely observe employee performance in the area for compliance with safety and procedural requirements
- Aptitude for problem solving, effective decision making, experience in training others, and be effective at leading individuals and groups toward resolution of issues
What You Need to Succeed:
- A bachelor's degree in chemical or mechanical engineering
- Minimum 2 years experience in a manufacturing environment, 5 years preferred
- The ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and use problem solving tools
- Ability to communicate effectively through verbal and electronic means
- Knowledge of chemical processes, equipment, and manufacturing technologies including mechanical conveying, piping systems, pumps, and instrumentation
- Knowledge of maintenance processes including mechanical, electrical, and instrumentation
- Knowledge of safety, health, and environmental regulations and principles
- This role is eligible for relocation.
- This role is not eligible for employment visa sponsorship. The successful candidate must not now, or in the future, require sponsorship to work in the US.
Ingevity is a company made up of extraordinary people of every race, religion and background, all worthy of the same dignity. Our differences are one of our great strengths. Join us in building a culture of increasing diversity and respect - a culture where everyone belongs.
Ingevity is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Recruiting Agencies: Ingevity does not accept unsolicited resumes and therefore, will not be responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes.