As the Production and Scheduling Manager you will be responsible for transforming their production operation to meet the demands of their next level of growth. This will involve investigating and implementing new scheduling systems to enable to 'build to production' orders, build for stock and large batch builds. On a day-to-day basis you will ensure the smooth and cost-efficient flow of our Production operations by preparing the production schedule and fulfilling it to demand and quality standards. The role will manage the production team with the support of the Production Controller, Supervisor and Team Leaders and work collaboratively with colleagues across the company.
- Responsible for transforming the production operation to meet the demands of their next level of growth.
- Day to day health and safety management in Production areas and prioritising the health, safety and wellbeing of production employees.
- Investigate and implement new and improved production scheduling processes and systems. Create production schedules and ensure they are shipped on time.
- Implement build to stock, build to production orders and bulk build methodologies to enable us to ship from FG stock wherever possible, based on sales forecast and historical data.
- Communicate with the Procurement Manager to ensure materials are available.
- Ensure production is capable of delivering the volume requirements of the business for the coming months in a fast and efficient way whilst ensuring that stock levels are optimised and customer service requirements are met; measured by KPIs and internal SLAs.
- Management, resource planning and training of the production team, to hit targets.
- Motivate the individuals within the team to generate a vibrant, positive, team orientated culture which is focussed on delivering outstanding results.
- Appraisals and development of direct staff.
- Responsible for all manufacturing related activities, including planning, coordinating and controlling all steps in the production process.
- Support the Senior Quality and CI Engineer to improve quality standards and implement continuous improvement within production.
- Deliver daily, weekly and monthly team meetings throughout the production team and report to senior management on key issues. Communicate goals, schedules, procedures and any changes thereof.
- Work closely with Engineering to ensure smooth transition of new products into production.
- Stock control and improvement initiatives in production.
To be successful in this role of Production and Scheduling Manager we would love to speak to anyone who has experience of:
- Experience of Production Management of a manufacturing facility
- A mechanical engineering qualification
- Experience of Scheduling, MRP systems and making production improvements is required
- Change management experience
- Excellent line management, coaching, development skills and experience of inspiring a team to achieve excellent results and ideally with a relevant supervisory / management qualification
- Excellent planning, organisational and project implementation skills
ACS are recruiting for a Production and Scheduling Manager. If you feel that you have the skills and experience required in this advertisement to be a Production and Scheduling Manager, please submit your CV including an outline of your experience as a Production and Scheduling Manager. It is always a good idea to include a covering letter outlining your experience as a Production and Scheduling Manager with your application as this will enhance your chances of selection and improve your prospects of landing the Production and Scheduling Manager role you desire.