Job Family Group:
Are you ready to do something remarkable? Ready to collaborate with an incredible team to solve problems that improve people's lives? Meet Ingevity.
At Ingevity, we develop innovations that purify, protect and enhance the world around us. Our products enable oil to flow better, crops to grow fuller, roads to last longer and ensure that the air we all breathe is cleaner.
Our people come from all different backgrounds and help reimagine new possibilities daily. We understand there is no challenge too big and no contribution too small. We seek out new ideas for tackling complex problems and celebrate achieving the improbable. We value each person's unique talents and synergize them to create meaningful impact and sustainable solutions for our customers and our world.
Bold. Energetic. Ingenious. Genuine. If these qualities describe you, we'd love for you to join Ingevity!
How you will impact Ingevity:
- Supporting safety, environmental, and sustainability initiatives that keep both employees and the environment protected.
- Performing various process evaluations and calculations, e. g. sizing equipment, mass and energy balances, and fluid flows.
- Determining necessary improvements to the plant processes by running trials and interpreting results to drive improvements in quality, production rates, and production costs.
- Defining process and equipment requirements for new products and plant expansions.
- Developing equipment specifications and commissioning plans, ensuring that the equipment is safe and meets the needs of manufacturing.
- Leading/participating in Six Sigma, and lean activities to sustain continuous improvement
- Supporting production engineers, maintenance, and other plant functions when needed.
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering is required; Mechanical Engineering or Chemical Engineering preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years production and project related engineering experience required.
- Experience with discrete manufacturing, automated processes, and parts handling preferred.
- Self-starter; willingness to be hands-on with projects and drive them from imagination to implementation.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, effectively prioritize workload and be committed to continuous process improvement
- Desire to start-up new equipment/processes and train others to ensure process run properly.
- Excellent technical and engineering skills, written and verbal communication skills including leading group meetings/projects.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- 0-20% travel required the first year. Travel may increase to 50% the second year due to vendor visits, equipment qualification testing, etc. Travel will then decrease to 0-10%.
- Relocation assistance is available for this position.
- This role is not eligible for employment visa sponsorship. The successful candidate must not now, or in the future, require sponsorship to work in the US.
Ingevity is a company made up of extraordinary people of every race, religion and background, all worthy of the same dignity. Our differences are one of our great strengths. Join us in building a culture of increasing diversity and respect - a culture where everyone belongs.
Ingevity is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Recruiting Agencies: Ingevity does not accept unsolicited resumes and therefore, will not be responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes.