Job DescriptionResponsible for developing, interpreting and implementing financial concepts for financial planning, analysis and control. Performs technical analysis to determine present and future financial performance. Gathers, analyzes, prepares and summarizes recommendations for financial plans, investment activity, customer deals, trended future requirements and operating forecasts. Develops, implements and monitors financial performance metrics, existing and new store performance and profit and sales drivers. Ensures development and distribution of reports / recommendations relating to financial and performance planning, investment options and related decision tools.
The Principal Financial Analyst will be responsible for managing execution of analytical projects in support of corporate functional stakeholders (e.g. HR, Legal, Accounting, etc.). The Finance Manager will also provide support for annual and quarterly G&A budgeting processes. The ideal candidate will have successful experience structuring and leading analytical projects as well as a strong background in finance and the ability to provide independent finance support to top-level executives throughout the company.
- Provides business decision support to corporate Vice Presidents and other business partners through effective financial modeling and by identifying, analyzing, and clearly communicating opportunities and risks.
- Provides insightful analysis and reporting on financial results to assist global leadership in making value judgments and decisions.
- Serves as primary finance point of contact for a set of business functions (e.g. HR, Legal, Accounting, etc.)
- Supports development of business cases for annual budgeting and quarterly Investment Governance Council submissions relating to major company initiatives.
- Provides support for annual and quarterly G&A budgeting.
- Leads preparation and analysis for monthly business reviews, maintaining a high level of data accuracy and integrity and proactively communicating findings from analyses.
- Maintains a complete understanding of WFM financial systems and management accounting structures and translates and explains financial information from various business functions into plans and forecasts.
- Trains peers and non-finance business partners at Global and Regional support offices on financial disciplines, specifically as they relate to financial analysis, forecasting, and/or financial reporting at WFM.
- Provides ad-hoc analysis and other duties as requested.
- May have team leader responsibilities over 1-2 Team Members.
- The above information describes the general requirements for the position. It is not an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements as the business and needs evolve.
- Bachelors degree, Finance or Accounting (MBA preferred).
- Minimum of 5+ years of financial analysis and marketing experience.
- 2+ years of leadership experience preferred
- Ability to present information in different forums and with all/multiple levels of leadership.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Possess superb knowledge and understanding of financial systems, financial planning and analysis, and accounting principles.
- Presents problem analysis and recommended solutions in a creative and logical manner.
- Ability to work independently and be self-directed, as well as be a team player.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and the Microsoft Office Suite. MS Access is a plus.
- Experience in Enterprise Performance solutions Adaptive Insights, Power BI, and Tableau software a plus.
- Knowledge of Whole Foods Market principles and core values.
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.