Immediate opening for a fulltime Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) to work in Suffolk County in a Family Practice office. Excellent opportunity to work in a primary practice practice in Suffolk County.
- The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) provides direct patient care under the supervision of the Practice.
- This position also performs clerical duties, acts as receptionist, maintains medical records and communicates with all departments.
- Accurately collects clinical data on patients and demonstrates competency in performing clinical interventions and reports abnormalities to Medical Provider.
- Triage patient phone calls and troubleshoot medication management issues
- Documents nursing observations, interventions, and patients response to treatment in patient records.
- Demonstrated competency in performing venipuncture/administering shots for collection of blood specimens and facilitates the prompt and accurate processing and distribution of specimens collected.
- Accurately performs and records vital signs, weight and height, point of service blood glucose testing, and promptly reports abnormalities to the medical provider
- Maintains and monitors stock inventory in the treatment center and replenishes supplies in exam rooms on a timely basis.