WCS Health care is currently seeking Licensed Practical Nurses for an on-going contract assignment administering vaccinations to pediatric population.
- Prepares the patient for exams and procedures
- Explain treatment procedures, medications, diets and physicians' instructions to patients
- Administers medications including all types of injections, IV therapy as needed and within the scope of licensure.
- Provide basic patient care and treatments, such as but not limited to: dressing wounds, performing catheterizations or applying compresses
- Collects, labels and processes specimens accurately
- Cleans and prepare medical treatment rooms for patient visits
- Assemble and use equipment appropriate to specific medical practice
- Schedule follow-up appointments for patients as needed
- Communicates delays effectively when necessary
- Enters patient information into the computer accurately and in a timely manner