Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner - Outpatient Hem/OncLocation:
Lewistown, PennsylvaniaJob Category:
Physician Assistants; Nurse Practitioners, Physician, Advanced PracticeSchedule:
Days Work Type:
Hematology/Oncology Advanced Practitioner DivisionDate Posted:
Job Summary Geisinger's Cancer Institute is seeking a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to join the Hematology Oncology team at Geisinger Lewistown Hospital (GLH).
- Performs initial assessment and triage of patients based on information obtained pertinent to presenting condition.
- Keeps track of pertinent procedure and laboratory results, discusses with physician, and returns call to family and patient regarding the results and plans.
- Assists with arranging appropriate follow-up for the patients.
- Answers and returns phone calls from established patients and their families and assess the needs of patient and family.
- Discusses plan with the physician and relays information to the family and patient.
- Obtains or assists in the preauthorization process for medications, diagnostic studies, and treatments.
- which the employee is qualified to perform.
- Screening patients.
Work is typically performed in a clinical environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job. Additional competencies and skills outlined in any department-specific orientation will be considered essential to the performance of the job related to that position.
Education Master's Degree-Physician Assistant (Required), Master's Degree-Nurse Practitioner (Preferred)
Certification(s) and License(s) Basic Life Support Certification - Default Issuing Body; Certified Physician Assistant - National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA)
Our Purpose & Values OUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and domestic partners. Perhaps just as important, from senior management on down, we encourage an atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We know that a diverse workforce with unique experiences and backgrounds makes our team stronger. Our patients, members and community come from a wide variety of backgrounds, and it takes a diverse workforce to make better health easier for all. We are proud to be an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.