Apply Here -
Matrix Providers - Caring for America's military family
Serving America's military family by aligning exceptional healthcare workers with rewarding career opportunities.
We are looking for a qualified Pharmacy Technician to join our team of talented professionals who provide health care services to our veterans and their families at Naval Medical Command Portsmouth, in Portsmouth, VA.
Working inside the gates of a military installation is an experience unlike any other. We welcome you to come in from the storm and enjoy set schedules, structured, clean, and quiet environments, and a better work/life balance. Come see what base life is REALLY like at a military treatment facility. You will be happily surprised how different everything can be when serving America's military families.
- Status: Full Time
- Schedule: Services provided Monday through Sunday between the hours 7:00 AM-7:00 PM
- Benefits: Competitive financial package with a comprehensive insurance package including health, dental, vision, and life coverage.
- Accrued Paid Time Off (PTO) & Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Plan
The Pharmacy Technician must have the following qualifications:
- Education: Graduate from a formal pharmacy technician program accredited by the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP) or a formal pharmacy technician program (i.e., technical, hospital, or retail-based program) or a formal medical services training program of the United States Military,
- Certification: Certified by the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) and Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers or American Heart Association or American Red Cross Healthcare Provider Course.
- Experience: Have a minimum of 12 consecutive months experience within the preceding 24-months working as a pharmacy technician.
- Provide two letters of recommendation written within the last two years attesting to the Healthcare Worker s (HCW s) clinical skills. One letter must be from a practicing pharmacist or pharmacy supervisor who has personally observed and evaluated the HCW and who can attest to the HCW s clinical skills in the care of patients. The other letter may be from a clinic or hospital administrator, physician, or nurse who has personal knowledge of the HCW s patient care skills in a similar clinical environment. Reference letters shall attest to the HCW s communication skills and ability to relate to patients as well as professional and other interpersonal skills among staff members and must include name, title, phone number, date of reference, address, and signature of the individual providing reference.