Join Our Team: Put the CARE back in CAREER - Join our team today! Employee Perks!: 401K Retirement Plan with Company Match, Employee of the Month recognition, Enjoy a fun and diverse work environment, Enjoy being a part of a strong and diverse team, Ferry Reimbursement, Free On-Site Parking, Friendly and supportive staff, Generous PTO & holiday package, Life Insurance, Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance, Truly make a difference in our residents' lives while providing top notch care Base salary starting from (note: salary increases with experience): USD $22.00/Hr. Overview:
Pay rate starting at $22/hour plus more with experience!
Elderwood at Burlington has exciting changes taking place in the form of NEW LEADERSHIP. We understand it starts at the top. Our valued staff and residents deserve leadership that will provide passion, consistency, trust and vision.
As we work to build our team - we are seeking a caring & detail oriented Pharmacy Technician! This is a Full-time Opportunity!
Elderwood at Burlington Benefits:
- NEW LEADERSHIP
- Increased Tuition Assistance Program for Clinical Tracks - ask HR about our School Partners that provide the most reimbursement & assistance
- Pay in Lieu of Benefits Program - for New, PT staff
- Full Benefits Package, including 401K PLUS EMPLOYER MATCHING
- Ferry Reimbursement
Pharmacy Technician Position Overview:
The Pharmacy Facility Based Technician functions as a non-clinical employee, with the purpose of assisting the Nursing Department in the coordination and distribution of pharmaceuticals dispensed by the Woodmark Pharmacy.
Pharmacy Technician Responsibilities:
- Requests floor stock from Woodmark and stocks the requisitions, including the daily Narcotic charging.
- Assures adequate inventory levels are maintained.
- Receives and restocks inventory upon receipt of orders from the wholesaler or manufacturer (except controlled drugs).
- Makes rounds to the nursing units, delivers medications and stock.
- Organizes outdated or overstocked medication so they may be returned to the appropriate parties for credit or destruction.
- Runs necessary Automated Dispensing Cabinets (ADC's) reports accordingly. Maintains ADC's narcotic profile with Point Click Care profile.
- Performs nursing unit inspections including ADC's for outdated medications. Corrects ADC's jams and draw failures in a timely manner. Performs necessary corrections and discrepancies and functions in the event of a computer failure.
- Checks medication carts for medication refills (orders from Pharmacy), outdate medications, and ensuring the carts are organized and clean.
- Assists licensed nurses with locating missing medications, faxes STAT medication orders and performs follow-up phone calls.
- Maintains non-narcotic Emergency Medication box and hydration totes. Works with Pharmacy to update when requested. Requests new box quarterly for outdates. Reconciles withdrawn meds and requests from Pharmacy and secures.
- Contacts Pharmacy when PCC and Frameworks do not match. Populates occurrence paper work-med error on Pharmacy end.
- Receives the bulk of all medications from Pharmacy and checks against delivery papers to assure everything on the list has been received. Calls and faxes Pharmacy with inaccurate details.
- Performs all aspects of pharmacy technician job in an environment that optimizes resident safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Receives insurance paperwork on residents and provides it to the correct person. Follows up on signed forms for changes and or approval.
- Keeps monthly delivery paperwork for review when monthly statements arrive. Contacts billing if charges are incorrect or credits are missing.
Pharmacy Technician Qualifications:
- Minimum of 18 years of age required; HS diploma or equivalent preferred
- Employment Certificate/Permit required for applicable individuals
- Familiarity with pharmacy terminology through certificate course or comparable experience in a Pharmacy work setting preferred
Woodmark Pharmacy expects all current and new employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination. Employees may request a medical exemption from vaccination.
EOE Statement: WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.