Exciting opportunity for a Personal Tax Senior/ Manager to join a leading firm based in Manchester as they look to strengthen their specialist tax department. The firm provides full compliance and advisory services to a wide range of clients and industries. The Personal Tax Senior/ Manager will be ATT, CTA Qualified/ Qualified by experience. There will be plenty of opportunities to move into more complex and specialised work in time along with career progression based on merit.
- You'll be allocated a portfolio of personal tax clients including sole traders, partnerships, and directors relevant to your skills and experience.
- Provide a point of contact for clients in relation to tax compliance.
- Assist the partners and accounts team with ad-hoc queries.
- Prepare and file self-assessment tax returns and ensure compliance deadlines are met.
- Prepare and file forms P11D and P1D(b) for employer clients.
- Manage the billing process for the portfolio.
- Predominantly office-based but with some flexibility for home working.
- Opportunity to broaden your experience and work within a supportive tax team.
- Previous experience of working in a tax role within private practice.
- ATT/CTA qualified/qualified by experience/potential for study support.
- Good client-facing communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Proactive in identifying opportunities for clients to make tax savings.
- Experience using IRIS software would be advantageous but is not essential.
- Applications from both full-time and part-time candidates will be considered
This is a fantastic opportunity for ambitious and experienced individuals to progress their careers as part of an already successful and continually growing firm. It is an excellent opportunity for any individual who is looking to deal with personal tax matters within both a compliance and advisory capacity.