Newton is looking for a bright, enthusiastic, and highly competent administrator to support multiple Business Managers (known as stakeholders) who are out in the field delivering challenging projects and leading diverse project teams.
You will be joining a dedicated team of administrators in the Delivery Support Team providing tactical and efficient support and working to build a world-class and high performing support function.
The role is permanent and will be based in our Head Office in Kingston Bagpuize, Oxfordshire.
- Working closely with the wider Executive Support function to provide effective support and increased value to multiple stakeholders
- Managing and maintaining multiple diaries
- Scheduling internal and external meetings/events of varying sizes for stakeholders (including appraisals, client reviews, project reviews, internal company development, board meetings, interviews, team meetings and third-party advisers)
- Coordinating and booking complex travel and accommodation requirements, and ensuring logistical arrangements are in place to meet those requirements
- Ad-hoc Project team support on working location, events, and consolidation of travel.
- Providing holiday cover for other delivery support team members
- Ad-hoc administrative tasks as needed
- Driving and sharing best practice in the way we support senior people across the business, enabling them to deliver the very best value to our clients
You'll be a high calibre individual, with exceptional levels of personal drive and eagerness for personal development. An analytical mind coupled with strong communication skills and a positive attitude are essential to fit into the Newton culture.
The successful candidate will also have/be the following:
- Demonstrable at least 1 year's previous experience in an administration role supporting multiple people or projects
- Experience of diary management, coordinating/booking and managing high volumes of activities. In particular, travel and accommodation.
- Ability to think ahead and anticipate needs before they arise
- Methodical coordination skills and logical thinking
- Exceptional organisational skills: ability to multi-task and organise others
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work and communicate effectively within a team and enjoy being a team player
- Calm under pressure, adaptable and responsive to ever-changing challenges and priorities
- Excellent use of Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- A pleasure to work with - "can do - will do" attitude
- Discretion and confidentiality guaranteed
- Exceptional attention to detail and deadlines
- Capability to filter information and assess priorities - always looking to bring additional value to our team
- Ability to quickly learn new IT systems and processes to provide support to your colleagues
- Experience working within a high-paced environment
Newton maximises the potential of our people, whether in client-based consulting roles, or in support functions. The prospects for career and personal development in this role are no exception, with future possibilities in a wider remit across the PA team.
Supporting you starts from day one. Throughout your time at Newton, you'll get support from several sources - from stretching projects, on-the-job feedback and developmental guidance from our leaders. You'll attend our Induction Training Camp' and have a dedicated and consistent Development Manager to support your career progression. You'll receive regular appraisals and annual pay reviews.
We offer a highly competitive salary and our generous benefits package includes Life Assurance, Income Protection, pension contributions and 25 days' holiday.
Joining us also brings many social benefits! We have a full social calendar with Autumn and Spring activity days, Christmas events, 3-day Summer event and 4 Newton-sponsored weekends a year.