Part time Accountant
An exciting position has become available for a part-time Accountant; working 22.5 hours per week based in Peterborough. The successful candidate will earn £30,000 - £38,000 per annum pro rata depending upon qualifications and experience.
Once established and familiar with the organisation elements of flexible working will be an option for the post holder.
The candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day finance function of PGRO (charity) and its subsidiary trading company.
- A Levels - including Economics.
- Hold a recognised accounting qualification.
- Vocational skills in Sage accountancy and payroll Packages, Management Development and presentation skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Role Responsibilities (not limited to)
- Management and control of all accounting ledgers, reconciliations, VAT/EU returns. Running the monthly payroll and administering the company pension scheme.
- Managing and administering intercompany recharges, reconciliations and settlements.
- Control of cash balances, payments and payment cycles for suppliers and customers.
- Production of quarterly Management Accounts Pack including trading results, variance analysis, commentary, cash flow statements, capital expenditure and trend analysis. Presentation of financial information to the Board of Trustees/Management and Finance Committee.
- Preparation of year end statutory accounts, including the Trustees report. Acting as the primary contact with the external auditors. Ensuring the annual audits are cost effective.
- Ensuring statutory information held at the Charity Commission and Companies House is up to date.
- Management of working capital, including cash flow forecasting in order to maintain adequate liquidity levels.
- Control of the Organisation s financial accounting and reporting systems. Monitoring internal controls by reviewing systems/procedures and recommending and implementing improvements as necessary.
- Preparation of annual budgets, plans and forecasts.
- Analysing change and reporting on factors influencing business performance against budgets, assisting in formulating strategic and long-term business plans.
- Evolving project cost models to review costs, pricing and profitability, conducting reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities.
- Managing external relationships with appropriate contacts, e.g. Investments companies, auditors, solicitors, bankers and statutory organisations such as HMRC, and providers of grant funding.
- Costing of new projects/business.
- Ensuring the Organisation is kept up to date with financial regulations and legislation.
- Participation in projects from time to time as may be required.
Our client is an agricultural charity established in 1956. It has a staff of 17, funded by growers of pulse and legume crops, commercial contracts and research grants.
As the UK's centre of excellence for peas and beans, the company has a long and highly valued track record of providing authoritative, up to date information and project work based on solid, reliable research and is well known within farming, the UK agricultural supply chain and research communities.
Why should you apply?
- To join a fantastic company.
- To become part of a great team.
- To showcase your knowledge and skill set.
If you re the ideal candidate our client is looking for, please send your CV by clicking the APPLY button