The hours for this role are Sunday 11am-7pm and Monday thru Thursday 1pm-9:30pm with a starting rate of $18 an hour!
Parkhurst Dining, part of the Eat'n Park Hospitality Group, is a family owned, family run company that provides culinary, dining and catering services to over 65 organizations and universities east of the Mississippi. We believe that food is best when made from scratch with locally sourced ingredients, prepared with heart, & served with a smile. This culinary experience is uniquely and authentically Parkhurst. If you've been searching for a place where you can do what you love, love what you do and have room to grow, consider Parkhurst!JOB SUMMARY
Responsible for the quality, quantity and timeliness of that daily meal production in accordance with Parkhurst standards under strict sanitary guidelines as outlined in food safety programs. Participates, assists and maintains the Culinary Gold standards of Parkhurst Dining in all areas of food production, sanitation, and management of employees, safety and quality control. Assists Executive Chef in all phases of planning, budgeting, costing, inventory and employee relations. Ensures company standards throughout daily activities.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Manage and direct all culinary staff to insure standards and quality are being followed by each staff member.
- Assist in purchasing all food, paper, cleaning, bakery and safety items within budgeted levels.
- Assist with Executive Chef in menu development, organization and completion of production sheets and execution of new recipe standards.
- Assist Executive Chef in regular inspections of the entire unit for sanitation, cleanliness, temperatures and using checklists as a guide.
- Verify that recipe standards and consistency is constantly being used to ensure a quality product every time.
- Check schedule to ensure all employees are in place and ready to work.
- Review production sheet and daily menu plans.
- Review upcoming special events and catering needs and follow through with said tasks.
- Maintain an open line of communication with management, informing them of products and supplies needed.
- Follow the uniform dress code and maintain proper personal hygiene.
- Helps maintain inventory and proper ordering
- Supervises staff and adheres to proper coaching and discipline methods
- Assists with on boarding and training of new kitchen team members.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function as listed above satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions listed above.PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Standing and/or walking - 100% of time
- Occasionally lifting up to 40 pounds
- Frequently lifting up to and over 20 pounds
Eat'n Park Hospitality Group is an equal opportunity employer. We focus on valuing our individual and group differences, making our teams stronger and more engaged. Diversity and inclusion have been a core value of ours for over 70 years.