Sign on Bonus and Relocation available for qualified applicants, payable on first check!
Are you looking for a place to deliver excellent care patients deserve? At West Valley Medical Center we support our colleagues in their positions. Join our Team as a(an) OR RN Charge Nurse and access programs to assist with every stage of your career.
At West Valley Medical Center we want to ensure we support you through all stages of your life as a nurse. We offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Are you a continuous learner? With more than 94,000 nurses throughout HCA Healthcare, we are one of the largest employers of nurses in the United States. Education is key to excellence! As a majority owner of Galen College of Nursing, which joins Research College of Nursing and Mercy School of Nursing as educational facilities within the HCA Healthcare family, we make it easier and more affordable to gain certifications and job skills. Apply today for our OR RN Charge Nurse opening and continue to learn!
Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Charge RN over Surgical Services you will be responsible for the day-to-day activities of the OR and will assume responsibility for the outcome of nursing care during a specified work period. Our team works together like family and we are looking for someone who has a passion for providing excellent patient care. In this Charge RN role:
- You will manage multiple cases simultaneously providing general nursing care and prioritizing needs continually
- You will demonstrate the ability to manage and coordinate patient care, maintaining departmental flow and directing the staff assignments as needed
- You will work with the Manager and Director on department staffing; hiring, evaluating, guiding, disciplining, and scheduling of staff.
- You will act in a composed and professional manner, especially under pressure
- You will provide follow up care instructions to patients and make necessary referrals
- You will maintain accurate and up-to-date patient charts
- You will assist in coordinating functions with physicians and other departments of the hospital, with a focus on patient safety.
- Current licensure in Idaho as a Registered Nurse.
- Minimum of six (6) months of clinical practice in the clinical specialty of his/her unit.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred.
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and certification.
- Certified Nurse Operating Room (CNOR) preferred
Recruiter: For Information on this position or other opportunities, please contact Brandi Skinner, Brandi.Skinner@.
West Valley Medical Center (WVMC) provides a small-town, friendly environment with a big-city commitment to high-quality patient care. Located in Caldwell, Idaho, this 150 plus bed facility comes nationally accredited. We have consistently been awarded for performance and clinical outcomes. The WVMC team is comprised of 800 employees and volunteers. Our three-story hospital has several off-site community clinics. In 2017 WVMC was named among the Top 100 Hospitals for the fourth consecutive year.
Located within The Treasure of the Valley, WVMC stands as a pillar of excellence for our friendly community. Caldwell offers a family-friendly culture with walking paths, recreational parks, two golf courses, the Boise River as well as a short commute to Boise and countless outdoor adventures.
We are part of the HCA Healthcare network - which includes more than 300 affiliate facilities across the nation - offering our colleagues the opportunity for travel and relocation. HCA Healthcare and West Valley Medical Center are all about caring for people, and that care extends to patients, families and our colleagues
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Good people beget good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If growth and continued learning is important to you, we encourage you to apply for our OR RN Charge Nurse opening. Our team will promptly review your application. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.