Operator Apprentice $16.00/hour
Covid Vaccine Incentive $250!
Our Utility position is an entry-level role with the expectation that self-motivated individuals will advance into progressively skilled positions.
What you will do:
- Maintaining safe work areas, collecting debris, and disposing of sawdust and dropped lumber in assigned areas
- Cleaning industrial equipment and workstations
- Relieving production positions; operating various light and heavy industrial machinery
- Showing a willingness and flexibility to perform various job assignments that may change daily
- Supporting our culture of safety by adhering to mill safety policies and procedures at all times
What you need to be successful:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of six (6) months in a manufacturing or industrial environment preferred
- Ability to work outdoors in all temperatures in loud, high volume environments performing physical tasks throughout the shift
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the position which includes walking, standing, sitting, climbing stairs, bending and lifting up to 50 pounds
- Ability to perform all tasks in accordance with West Fraser safety policies and procedures
- Recognize and support our team culture, communicating effectively with all team members
- Ability to work rotating shifts, holidays, and weekends
- Offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment background check, a drug screen test, and physical
Outstanding benefits package including:
- Benefits starting Day 1
- Competitive starting pay
- On-the-job training and
- A culture that strongly believes in promoting from within
- 401K with company match
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Paid vacations and holidays
If you are ready to build your career in a company that thrives on growth, a safe work environment, rewarding work, challenge, and opportunity, come build your career with us at West Fraser: /careers.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please apply through our online application process. Be sure to attach your resume to your online profile as resumes will not be accepted at the site. No phone inquiries, please.
West Fraser is a diversified wood products company producing lumber, OSB, LVL, MDF, plywood, pulp, newsprint, wood chips, and energy with over 60 facilities in Canada, the United States, and Europe. We are the largest lumber producer in North America, a leading global manufacturer of wood-based panels, and the world's largest producer of oriented strand board (OSB).
We are a growing company, believe strongly in promoting from within, and pride ourselves on providing a challenging environment with continuous development. The successful candidate should be interested in future growth opportunities within the company.
West Fraser believes inclusive, diverse teams build a more vibrant workforce, safer operations, and a stronger company overall. We strive to create workplaces and leadership teams that are reflective of the diverse communities we are a part of. We will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, gender, national origin, or any other protected legal characteristic.
West Fraser is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D & Drug-Free Workplace